Horizons – where the sky meets the earth. Looking out across an ocean, when you spot the straight horizontal line, or the visible horizon, it really is only about three miles out due to the Earth’s curvature. We see less ocean than perceived. It is too bad. I love the ocean.
Also, I would love to show you an ocean horizon but not today. Instead, we travel inland and of course, I packed a haiku set to take along.
where earth meets the sky
where earth meets sky
iron limbs intimidate
Are these artificial structures an eyesore or beautiful art filling up the horizons? What do you think?
— — — —
This post is part of the Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon.
Photo Challenge Library: Check them out…
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (kattermonran.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Horizon (photobyjohnbo.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge (insidespacedesign.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (humantriumphant.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (acuriousgal.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (rolbos.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Horizon (notsosupermodel.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Horizon (fromgroundtohome.wordpress.com)