Some days find me like a dead stump. Doubt and fear find my creative spirit idling in neutral, unable to move forward. Even caffeine fails to throw me in first gear! Have you noticed, as an artist, no matter what media is your passion, when self-doubt and fear creeps in, how easy it is to give up? Whether a writer, photographer, actor, or even as a blogger, you begin to think everyone is far more talented and smarter than you are. Instead of another artist’s work inspiring, you spiral into despair and whine how hopeless it all is. Unfortunately, spending too much time in this state of mind, can fence in and kill the once vibrant creative life. We stop writing, the camera goes on the shelf and as a blogger, we simply stop posting.
Dale Carnegie says, “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
So, if you happen to be stuck, as I am sometimes, but want to move forward again, then, perhaps John Frusciante’s words can help…
“I find that the best way to do things is to constantly move forward and to never doubt anything and keep moving forward, if you make a mistake say you made a mistake.”
Ha! I sent doubt and fear back to no man’s land by posting for this Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward. You can too! Simply take action and do not quit!!
How do you move forward when stuck in doubt and fear mode?
More Forward contributors:
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Here’s to Forward! (rarasaur.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward … Horizons and Horses (shakespearesgal2.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (pilotfishblog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Can You Keep Looking Forward (photographworks.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (diaryofdennis.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (thepanamaadventure.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (belgradestreets.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward! (diamondmikewatson.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (mytropicalhome.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward (myjourneywithdepression.wordpress.com)