Reminiscing over a childhood song
the sounds of familiar voices singing
over and over
The same tune, yet, the years intertwine
through every generation
like pastel ribbons serenading
sleepy little ones off to dreamy affairs
in perfect lyrical harmony . . .
Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.
Though the tune may change, the dreamy lyrics remain the same.
Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake with Michael McDonald.
::: ::: :::
Where do you find inspiration? I found mine over at the Daily Post: Fifty-Word Inspiration!
If YOU get CLOSE,
I will SCREECH my LUNGS out and make YOU go DEAF!!
TOO is a cockatoo bird that resided with me when its owner took a three-month business trip. According to Wikipedia, the cockatoo birds are:
- Highly intelligent with a loud and harsh sounding screeches that allow each bird to recognize one another, warn about dangerous predators and keep a flock united.
- Highly affectionate and if kept in captivity, can demand much attention!
- Intensely curious and must have constant supply of objects to play with, chew on or simply to dismantle or shred to pieces with their strong claws and beak.
- Many captive birds suffer from boredom and to grab your attention they will produce ear-piercing screeches and/or afflict you with painful bites with their beaks.
Every fact listed above is true. I know. I think my hearing has deteriorated plenty since TOO left to go back home and I think I still see some battle scars he kindly left behind as a memory souvenir.
Now, I ask you, do you still want to come close to this bored cockatoo?
I first want to tell you, this Weekly Photo Friendship Challenge has me reeling out-of-control! Do I want to write about boy-girl platonic friendships? Maybe share a haiku poem . . .
A lifetime shared between them
Mind and soul are One
“Perhaps more than any other relationship, friendships between men and women are alive with ambiguity, contradiction, energy, paradox.” ~Celia Allison Hahn
It is a photo challenge after all so, no, I change my mind.
How about animal friendships like an unlikely pair, the cat and dog.
Oh, and what about childhood friendships? Thanks to the fabulous Facebook and other social media, we can now have friends from the turn of the century tumbling back into our lives and as you stare at the profile pictures, you can mumble under your breath, erm, exactly who were you way back when and how are we connected??
Facebook user: “What?? You say we went to prom together?
Oh, hehe, I see. You look so . . . uh,
differentgreat I almost didn’t recognize you!!”
The worse type of friendships gone bad, of course, are NOT the ones where we fail to identify our friends after so many years of separation, but the ones that end in deep heartache despite how hard you try to keep the pain down to a bare minimum.
“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then QUIT. There’s no point in being a damn fool about it.” ~W.C. Fields
Divorce is never easy–on anyone and especially on wounded hearts– but with a little reflection, and lots of quality time, some friendships can be restored and if not, the least we can do is send a wish for the other person to have all the best and for ourselves, move on to bigger and better things– like writing rambling thoughts about various forms of friendships on your blog page!
So, what about you? You got some random thought(s) on friendships floating around waiting to be heard?
Finding what unusual means to me was a challenge. As I went through my day thinking and pondering on the unusual, Bill Gates quote came to mind:
Animal friends find the most unusual places to squeeze in some rest and recuperation time . . .
This young person demonstrates, you are never to young to start on your unusual book reading list!
Finally, the classic pop radio station kept playing, It’s Not Unusual by Tom Jones! This man entertains unusually well even at his age! Ohh, and check out his cool “grrrr” near the ending of his performance!! w00t!
|I am grateful to all you blogger friends who make my days unusually happy and filled with purpose! With love, Sunshine!|
|Photo and quote credits: Wikimedia Commons ~ Quotes from ThinkExist.com Quotations and www.quotegarden.com/cats.html|
|Inspiration: Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual.|
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual… (eof737.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (babyjill7.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (fromundermanyhats.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (judesphotography.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Unusual (chittlechattle.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (smkelly8.wordpress.com)
- WW10 Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (booksinthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (passion2read.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (johnmullinax.wordpress.com)
Boys being boys . . . distorted fight scene after watching the movie, Fight Club.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (3rdculturechildren.com)
- Distorted Sexy Lips (Weekly Photo Challenge) (cardinalguzman.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge ~ Distorted (pigletinportugal.com)
- WW08 Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (booksinthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (nolagirlatheart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (fromundermanyhats.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (passion2read.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (hurtlingtowards60.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distortion (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (judichow.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (maggiephotgraphy.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (brittenasplund.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (yobynos.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (alexandraroman.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (myintrovertedlife.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (thirdhandart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: DISTORTED (mindmindful.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (thepetalpusher.me)
- weekly photo challenge: distorted (tostir.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Distorted (cinova.wordpress.com)
- Distorted (bogsofohio.wordpress.com)