Storeroom Drama

Nudging another heavy box against a free wall with her right foot, she decided, enough is enough!

They cannot expect a marketing specialist, with a college degree no less, to be just a stupid receptionist! Answer phones, file these damn invoices, and oh, gawd, serve coffee at their client meetings. This job is so not worth it, she thought, almost aloud, flicking off the storeroom lights, shutting the door to part of her problems, but not before an anxious voice bleated out.

“Having a baaad-ass day, dear? Help me,” the glassy eyes winked in the corner, “and I help you.”

::: ::: :::

Inspiration comes from the weekly 100-word story with a photo prompt hosted by Rochelle over at  Friday Fictioneers.

This week’s photo submitted by Adam Ickes

———————————

45 thoughts on “Storeroom Drama

• Sun says:

Amy, the problem with this company, it’s trying to save money expecting employees to multitask way out of their job position. i would definitely draw the line if they added janitorial duties, though. ha! thanks for peeking into the drama this week . . .

1. hafong says:

I had a job like that. I was the receptionist that answered the person applying for my job. That’s how I knew I was getting fired! 😦 Well, I could have used the bleater in my corner then. 🙂 Thanks for the memories! Lol

Lily

• Sun says:

oh, Lily, thanks for sharing and it’s really better you got away from that awful company . . . such audacity! i would have wished for some major help too!

• Sun says:

hey thanks, Ali, i didn’t think about the devil-like looking horns . . . “hey, lady, step back from that storeroom!”

• Sun says:

i think you are right, Rochelle, and maybe they both can takeover management and run the business the way they see fit. thanks for entertaining a new thought in this drama series. 🙂

2. Melanie says:

I can totally identify with her. I was hired to write, but I serve coffee and answer phones instead. I often scream to myself “but I’m Oxford educated!” I need a helpful little goat. 🙂

• Sun says:

oh, Melanie, sorry to intercept your not-what-you-were-hired-for job, and thanks for sharing . . . i’ll send that little goat right over. 😛

3. patriciaruthsusan says:

Sun, I’d be more than a little suspicious of a talking ram’s head. I do think she’s being taken advantage of. I’d be looking around for another job. No one who isn’t hired for it should be doing janitorial work. The regular janitors are probably making much better money than her. Well written and humorous. 🙂 —Susan

• Sun says:

i have to agree, Susan . . . it seems the janitorial crew do at times make more then college grad employees. go figure…thanks for enlightening this character and pointing her into the direction she should go. smiles.