Friday Fictioneers, flash fiction

Chaotic Voices

No! I won’t sink into another black hole…if these headaches would just let up…my therapist recommends running. Therapeutic exercise. Okay. Another mile to go…but the pounding, it hurts and…

Friday Fictioneers, Photo prompt challenge, 100 word fiction, As she stops to catch her breath, she stupidly stares across the brackish lagoon. Look at this mire; she disgustedly brushes away the salty sweat stinging into her eyes – exact replica of my chaotic life.

Several voices (in her head) begin to argue loudly accusing each other of exposing all the dirty debris of intimacies from her last relationship.

Suddenly someone shakes her awake.

“Your medication dear,” said the nurse.

::: ::: :::

Inspiration: Friday Fictioneers with Rochelle Wisoff-Fields

Challenge: With the given photo prompt, write your 100 – word story that has a beginning, middle and end then share your story link with this popular writing community. Happy writing! 🙂

Photo Credit: BW Beacham from Life in the Foothills

=================

37 thoughts on “Chaotic Voices

1. AnnIsikArts says:

Landscape as symbol. There are beads of sweat on my forehead! Most of us have come close to that edge over which your character has tumbled, it seems. There but for the grace etc. Thanks for the stimulation. 🙂

2. Shandra says:

Dear Sun, this is just the kind of twist my own mind tends to conjourn. Love it! Running has always been ‘therapy’ for me, as well, but I haven’t awakened in a padded room…yet. 😉 Thanks for stopping by & commenting for FF. Much appreciated. Shandra

3. draliman says:

Very good, and slightly frightening to think of oneself in such a situation. A Dream, a therapist in the dream, the nurse in real life – lots of layers to this story!

• Sun says:

no wonder this poor character had such a headache – too much input for one day. thanks for slipping in a cool comment.

• Sun says:

thank you kindly, Sonel. and by the way, i enjoyed your standing in line photo session. 🙂 that was a long looking line and hope it was done in moderate temperatures. Simba – he’s one lucky dog since he goes on so many adventures. 😛

• Sonel says:

You’re welcome hon and glad you enjoyed. It was. Simba and I was totally bonked out when we got home. 😆 Well, it’s Autumn here but the sun gets hot after a while.

I don’t know about the lucky, but when the wheels turns or his mom lifts her butt, he’s behind her like a shadow and I don’t like leaving him at home at his age because he hurt himself to easily and sometimes by just walking down a low step, so I keep an eye on him, but he loooooves driving around. 😀

• Sun says:

i’m pleased it put you into the scene, Patrica – exactly what i was hoping to accomplish as i wrote it. as far as improving, well, only the character can determine it. let’s hope she breaks free from those voices in her head. 🙂

4. aliciajamtaas says:

Even thinking about running makes my knees hurt. Too much competitive track as a teenager I suppose. Plus I can’t imagine running getting rid of any kind of headache, migraine or no. Bring on the meds and get rid of the people in the head. Nice job.