Carpe Diem Haiku Pilgrimage: Winter Emptiness

icy beads pelt down
as slippery paths glisten
…winter emptiness

winter banquet, haiku, writing challenge, carpe diem haiku, japanese poetry, winter

::: ::: :::

Inspiration: Chevrefeuille’s Carpe Diem Haiku Kai – Meiseki-ji (temple 43) and here, in my hometown, another healthy winter mix of sleet and snow for the next couple of days.

Cheers!

—————————–

21 thoughts on “Carpe Diem Haiku Pilgrimage: Winter Emptiness

• Sun says:

the emptiness part at the end related to the theme for the challenge but i really think your version, winter jewel, sounds much better, Milu. 🙂

• Sun says:

just a few more weeks left in March, so we should be seeing spring on the horizon soon, Marilyn. it will be nice to have the warmer temperatures before summer begins. 🙂

1. julespaige says:

We were quite lucky that we got less winter mix than originally predicted.
    The sun is even trying to come out to melt what is there…

I enjoy kaeru. I think having my little friend, she helps me continue my haiku as one continuous story. Thank you for your visit to my ‘B’ post 🙂

• Sun says:

i like that idea of having a little friend for inspiration and encouragement, Jules. also happy your weather decided to be play nice…always a lovely treat. 😛

• Sun says:

you’re right, Amrit. cold is good…it keeps the insect population at bay but too much can be a downer for sure. thanks for the warm comment.

• Sun says:

puzzling, yes, Mark…i think your Teacup haiku illustrates beautifully how life events continues on, no matter…thank you kindly.

• Sun says:

thank you, Linda…yes, i think spring is just around the corner. we go through days like a yo-yo – warm one day and next a gigantic drop in temperatures. i think nature is giving a few hints. 🙂