logo, carpe diem, haiku

On the Fifth Morning…

Today, being a quiet and rather lazy kind of Sunday, I found the “Special” haiku challenge from Carpe Diem Haiku Kai quite delightful for the imagination.

The goal is to write a new haiku in the same tone, sense and spirit as the haiku by *Alexey Andreyev.

morning awakening:
among window curtains’ flowers
a blade of gray sky*

Perhaps the awakening comes with the pain of reality when one notices a change in a love relationship.  A lover draws away, affections growing elsewhere and what is left…only memories to start again anew.

truth dawning brightly
as the melting snow reveals
secret rendezvous

haiku, carpe diem special, writing, Japanese poetry, fifth morning

It’s the last week in January, can you believe it?

January is also National Soup Month in the United States…I’m thinking a nice hot bowl of French Onion Soup sounds good right about now.

How about you?

What’s your favorite bowl of soup? 😛

Photo Credit: Wikimedia.org

______________________________________________

40 thoughts on “On the Fifth Morning…

• Sun says:

i forgot about minestrone, Marilyn…it has everything healthy too. thanks for ladling in the reminder. will go find a recipe or maybe better, a can of minestrone. 😛

• Sun says:

i just had homemade chicken soup with fresh spinach and macaroni added. the pantry was bare, ha-ha, so used what i had. thanks for the warm note shared, Sonel. ☼hugs!!

• Sonel says:

Now that sounds absolutely delicious Sun and believe me, you’d be surprised at the lovely dishes that can come out of a bare pantry. I bet Chuckles enjoyed it very much. I know Simba would. LOL!
        *hugs*

• Sun says:

OKAY! does that translate to: I have a wonderful recipe?…an easy recipe i hope. 🙂 thanks for ladling in a tasty comment, MR!! 😛

• Sun says:

thank you, Milu! haiku is wonderful as it gives every reader a personal gift to take and interpret as far as their imagination takes them. have a wonderful rest of the week!

• Sun says:

that’s it, Frank. i’m in love. Ribolita. Ooo – red wine, kale and bread! a really beautiful sounding soup. next time, have an extra bowl for me! now, on pressure cookers. i have tried but never could get it to work and always afraid it would explode. what brand pressure cooker do you use? please say it is not expensive 😛 thanks for sharing your fave soups 🙂

• aFrankAngle says:

Sun.
        The ribolita is one of those thick, hearty soups that’s perfect for winter! Try it!!!!! In terms of the pressure cooker. We used a some one from Presto for many years … especially to cook the potatoes before mashing, and for beef stroganoff. A few years ago, my wife’s aunt bought a new one with bells and whistles, but never used it … so we got it … and that’s the one with the cabbage-sausage soup.

• Sun says:

yes, i already bookmarked the recipe so hopefully when i round up all the ingredients i will give it a go. i’ll have to rethink the pressure cooker. maybe the one i got from Walmart was faulty. *laugh* or maybe just me cannot read and understand the how to use manual instructions. *another laugh* thanks, Frank, again.

• Sun says:

i was thinking tomato at first – it is a great soup to have on cold winter days, but i have to follow your Grandma Lillian’s choice. 😛 thanks for sharing, Robert.

1. Lala Rukh says:

WOW your fresh bright poetry has made me fresh sun ! I can’t believe that it is the last week of January too 😦 Time passes so quick ! I hope you are having sunny days of your life 🙂 Love you xx

• Sun says:

thanks, Lala. yes, as i always say (like a broken record…ha-ha…) everyday is a blessing and a good day. thanks for bringing a wonderful cheery note. 😛

2. Chèvrefeuille says:

Wow! Sun … this one leaves me in awe … gorgeous. I love to use this one in one of our upcoming Tan Renga Challenges if that’s ok. Your haiku is great and better (in my opinion) than the original.

3. angelswhisper2011 says:

It scares me how time flies, Sunshine. I think I’ll pretend from now on that time is only a number, just like when you’re getting old…. Self made vegetarian lentil soup… LB: tunasoup for me…YUMMY… Pawkisses 🙂

• Sun says:

Little Binky, don’t let the time whizzing by scare you…it’s just numbers like you say. how we share in goodness is really the most important. oh, you will need to share some time some of your recipes…i think the lentil soup sounds good. hmm, maybe the tunasoup would be good only for lovely kitties like you. and maybe the fatso, Chuckles. ha-aha. 😛

4. LuAnn says:

Well done Sun and since it has been a bit chilly here in Florida lately, a bowl of Mexican Chicken Garlic Lime Soup sounds good. I am betting it could be make as a vegetarian version as well. 🙂

• Sun says:

i always order it whenever a restaurant features it but looking over recipes online, it looks pretty easy to make. but then again, one must like or at least get some energy to go in the kitchen to make it. [laughing]
      have a wonderful day, TBM.