Departing

An intriguing challenge from Chevrefeuille’s Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, and that is to Make the Haiku Complete. Chevrefeuille, the host, writes:

For this episode I have chosen to challenge you to write a second line towards a given haiku. This time it is really a hard challenge, because writing a second line is more difficult than writing a 1st or 3rd line to complete a haiku. To make it even more difficult … the second line must be 7 syllables, as is the \”rule\” for the classic haiku.

Here is the haiku to complete:

full moon of winter

…………………………..

departing geese

— — —

Even though snow is falling like crazy outside, warm thoughts linger to those humid and hot summer nights, windows open so the cool night breeze filters in with the moonlight…

full moon of winter
with pale light dressing the wind
departing geese

complete haiku, dressing, full moon, wind, nature, Japanese poetry

This challenge is open until January 25, 2014 via CARPE DIEM HAIKU KAI: Make the haiku complete #5, ”departing geese”.

Question, and totally off subject: What happened to the Zemanta feature on the side bar in the edit page? I’m missing mine…anyone??

24 thoughts on “Departing

1. J. Milburn says:

WordPress broke ties with Zemanta and they’re trying to create their own program to replace it I believe. I read about it on the forum when I noticed the same thing. I really liked your second line to complete the haiku and the photo you used to accompany it. Great work!

• Sun says:

hey, thanks for the Zemanta information and your encouraging note, JM. sure miss the extras Zemanta offered…guess we just wait. 😛

• Sun says:

stay really warm, Philomouse and lots of blankies to Molly, German, RC and any others in the tribe over there! oh, yes, and Bob. 😛 the stars shining for the new year 🙂 thanks!!

• Sun says:

hello, MR! oh, did not know about the blavatar problems but found out Zemanta needs to be downloaded if you want to use it from your dashboard. if you’re interested, both Timethief and Silvo from Zemanta left the link here. have a wonderful day 🙂

2. zemanta says:

Hey, thanks for reaching out, I’ll gladly help!

The thing is, Zemanta unfortunately doesn’t work in the WordPress’s default Dashboard anymore, but can be easily re-installed via our browser extension.

It comes with all the features you’re already used to (images, in-text links, related posts & tags) and is really easy to set it up. Just follow the link to our downloads page and install the appropriate extension for your browser.

Here’s the link: http://zem.si/PqCSDD

And please do let me know how it goes or if you have any more questions what-so-ever, since I’ll be more than glad to help you out!

Here’s my email address: support[at]zemanta[dot]com

Take care & I’m looking forward to your reply!

Best,
    Silvo

• Sun says:

well, thank you, Silvo for explaining the sudden disappearance of Zemanta. i will definitely be over to install. happy new year and again, thanks.

• Sun says:

thank you, TT! i should try to keep up with the WP news better…i really appreciate the great work you do for blogging. all the best in 2014. 🙂