haiku challenge,writing challenge, haiku,

On Chrysanthemums

chrysanthemums, haiku, carpe diem challenge, autumn,

Today I discovered a few things about mums, Kiku if you speak Japanese, or the Chrysanthemum plant.

Traditionally, in the Japanese culture, the Kiku signifies the coming of autumn.

There are about forty different species of Chrysanthemums.  As for its colors, white chrysanthemums symbolizes grief, so, if you plan on flower gift giving to a love one, then the red chrysanthemum bouquet may be a better choice – it symbolizes love and affection.

Did you know, Chrysanthemums can help purify the air naturally?

By keeping potted chrysanthemums in living and work areas, it helps purify the air – especially from the well-known carcinogen, benzene. No time to waste, I must run over to the local garden center and adopt a few plants for the home and office!

I do hope the natural grocer stocks the white chrysanthemum tea. According to one article, it said the white flowers make a delicious sweet tasting tea.

Gosh. I am grateful for the Chrysanthemum plant and Chevrefeuille’s Carpe Diem for the inspiration.

Chrysanthemum, haiku, carpe diem challenge, beauty, nature, inspiration

chrysanthemums
rejuvenate the senses
between autumn leaves

elegant beauties
blooms bright while purifying
allures autumn home

What are your thoughts on the mum flowers? 🙂

More on Chrysanthemum Haiku:

28 thoughts on “On Chrysanthemums

• Sun says:

yes, my eyes are now open, Marilyn – so mums are all the potted plants i see over at the garden store 😆 they are beautiful – colors to feast on before the cold snow hits. 🙂

• Sun says:

love reading your thoughts about the upcoming fall season – now that i am clued in to the mums, this season will sure to be treasured even more. 🙂 thanks! ♥

1. munchow says:

Thanks for the flowers. I didn’t know much about Chrysanthemums, except their are colourful and beautiful flowers. The two haikus lifted my spirit this morning.

• Sun says:

you’re welcome, Otto! every autumn i see these potted Chrysanthemums come on display at the stores – i had no interest in them at all. passed them by without a single thought. i appreciate them more now, even going out of my way to *gasp* go out to the garden section to find them.it makes me happy you enjoyed the haiku 🙂 thanks! ☼

• Sun says:

your mom – knows the Chrysanthemums to be not only beautiful but useful thing from nature. i send a cyber bunch of red mums to her and your loved ones, IT. ♥ thanks!

• Sun says:

ha-aha! it is a pain – i only learned to spell it recently but still mess up. best to go with the short version – mums. good to see you got some time for yourself, Rommel. 🙂