not only the thirsty seek the water,
the water as well seeks the thirsty. – Rumi.
When the so-called born again spirit came upon me, like a monk, my walk became more meditative – modest clothing, head shrouded in a cloud cover. With bible in hand, but really just like an empty cracked cup, I searched for wisdom’s flavored water. I thirsted for its enlightenment – the cool purifying drink. It was when a solitary bird stood in a rain puddle – an opening of clouds rained in. Life changing thoughts: Look around me. I must see the people drowning – in the dirty waters of illiteracy and poverty.
I fill soup cups on Thursday’s community free supper nights. Off flew the little bird with the fanatical me. Thanks be to God.
privileged lifestyle calls –
to soothe dehydrated lips
love found in sharing
Written for Ligo Haibun Challenge: Persian Songs
Ligo Haibun’s Persian Songs challenge library: Enjoy!
- Ligo Haibun – Search (summerstommy.com)
- Ligo Haibun – The Challenge (hrexach.wordpress.com)
- Thirst (highfiveandraspberries.wordpress.com)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge ~ Desire! (yarnspinnerr.wordpress.com)
- A Challenge for Writers – Ligo Haibun (thewhyaboutthis.com)