Ligo Haibun, haiku, writing,

Thirsty Seekers – A Ligo Haibun Affair

not only the thirsty seek the water,

the water as well seeks the thirsty. – Rumi.

Posing Clean (Extra #85)

When the so-called born again spirit came upon me, like a monk, my walk became more meditative – modest clothing, head shrouded in a cloud cover. With bible in hand, but really just like an empty cracked cup, I searched for wisdom’s flavored water. I thirsted for its enlightenment – the cool purifying drink. It was when a solitary bird stood in a rain puddle – an opening of clouds rained in. Life changing thoughts: Look around me. I must see the people drowning – in the dirty waters of illiteracy and poverty.

I fill soup cups on Thursday’s community free supper nights. Off flew the little bird with the fanatical me. Thanks be to God.

privileged lifestyle calls –
to soothe dehydrated lips
love found in sharing

Written for Ligo Haibun Challenge: Persian Songs

29 thoughts on “Thirsty Seekers – A Ligo Haibun Affair

1. summerstommy2 says:

This is a lovely piece, the idea of the search for enlightenment, a life long pursuit is well illustrated. I like what you have done in the haibun.

• Sonel says:

You have such a beautiful way with words Sunshine. Wish I could write like that. Thanks for the lovely wishes and the same to you sweetness. 😀 *big hugs*

• Sun says:

first i have to run up with a great big ☼HUG!! thank you, Sonel – and what are you saying? you write wonderfully and gosh, your photography skills…definitely your gift. thank you for sharing the love as you always do. ♥ i am grateful.

2. Peripatetic Eric says:

Beautifully expressed…the thirst for enlightenment…and the intertwining of the thirsting for water allegory into the story. And so much in so few words.

3. Penny L Howe says:

Oh Sunshine. This is absolutely wonderful. So vivid, the words you used the thoughts you expressed. Your haibun flows, so rich with meaning, symmetry and just that special something where it reaches out and grabs you. (couldn’t think of a word for that, lol) Excellent, also the closing haiku! 🙂

• Sun says:

*smiling*
      truly appreciate your ♥share, Kozo – knowing how busy your life must be yet you find moments to visit personally with blog friends – touches me with a sense of peace knowing goodness still lives in our world. thank you, always. ☼HUGS