Grateful for: New opportunities
– to remove distractions for a few hours (cell phone, internet, television) just being still – take part in a successful silent auction for charitable organization – to share thoughts & love with all of you here – for a weekend house guest – keeping fly population in control with natural homemade spray – do nothing Saturday afternoon – share Jack Russell puppy time – exterminate a few (sorry, but what powerful stingers) small red biting ants – watch little kids videos with little toddlers at church nursery – create a monthly post for Everyday Gurus Monthly Peace Challenge– shake my head in disgust with an overzealous mole(s) or gopher(s) leaving huge dirt mounds that spills over to walkway…
– to reconnect with a friend from high school – staying calm during an unusually crowded day at the grocery store checkout line – have a reliable driving vehicle – take some kids to funny puppet show – the musical group, Pink Martini – auto feed weed eaters fresh ♥ community stage theater – board meetings with wine and finger foods ☺ clean public restrooms – not finding scorpions in the house – watching the house cat eyeing the hummingbirds at feeder – fine tipped ink pens – doing a good deed for neighbor…mowed the overgrown front yard – a wall to slap on post-it-notes on – floor brooms – hard-working police force – soft cotton shirts – lotion infused tissue so your nose stays chap free ☺ smiles from strangers – strong handshakes – smooth gravel roads to drive on
Grateful for: Comfort, nourishment and love found in so many places
– to have a large selection of groceries/supplies available 24/7 – create lemon stir fry chicken with bare essentials in the freezer – share some leftover stew with a Great Dane pal – BBQ at the lake – mix sour cream and salsa for a unique chip dip ☺ to enjoy a cup of coffee and read – teriyaki stir fry chicken for dinner – summer potluck dinner
– homemade hamburger sandwiches – hot chili pepper powder – fruit salad – Southern fried chicken with red potato salad – Tabasco sauce – People magazine for fluffy gossipy reading entertainment – frozen bananas – no leftover refrigerator shelf – maple cream cookies – Cuban chicken dinner – sweet raw onions – blogging buddies ♥ morning walk – memory foam mattress pad – ice cream drumsticks – first sip of hot freshly brewed coffee – mornings – LIFE – flavor of fresh garlic – fellowship with Christian women in prayer – to reach out and touch another living being out of goodness and without selfish motivations – over the door hanger hooks – small family owned grocery stores –
Grateful for: Nature, friends, movies, books, special moments…..
– to get in an automobile and just drive – to know helpful, kind people in my community – Morning Glory vines growing on backyard fence – Matthew McConaughey’s DVD: The Lincoln Lawyer – hear the buzzing of hummingbird wings as they fly by – taking hot showers anytime – German Shepherd pups finding fur-ever homes – visits to my blog neighbor: aFrankAngle – enjoying fairy tale comedy, Wedding Planner, with J. Lopez and Matthew McConaughey – to enjoy a clutter-free desk – automatic pencil sharpener ♥ sing in the shower – hear roosters crowing and thunderstorm approaching – feel the cool wind after the rain…
– haiku – Native American relaxing CD music – fine point writing pens – water balloon fights – cooler temperatures especially at night – overcast days – rain puddles – pre-addressed stick on mailing labels – bamboo cutting boards – art work on postage stamps – a full moon night – finding assortment of bird feathers while walking – wild yellow daisy flowers – beautiful sound of Chopin piano music – complexity of our emotions – goodness found in people we encounter briefly throughout our day – kindness and sacrifice of individuals taking in animal strays and finding foster or adoptive homes…
– giant spiders keeping insect population in check – college ruled writing paper – security home alarms; gentle words; prayers learned as a child that surfaces when you need them the most – inspiration when it comes in a flash – window shopping – comfortable walking shoes – window glass cleaners – big dogs that think they are little in size ☺ happy ending stories
Grateful for: Wisdom shared
a radio talk show featuring the best ice shape to use in drinks (one large ice-cube) – to know about inflammatory breast cancer through fiction novel, Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah – The Rebelution youth doing hard things and raising low expectations around the world – Edeyo Foundation bringing literacy to Haitians – Goodreads that inspire the love for reading – finding half-priced books at a book sale – TinCanTraveler’s Flight 93 Memorial post – Locks of Love – collect hair (wigs) for children with cancer; hair salons that participate in Locks of Love – @ symbol and other shortcuts.
And this is the end – my wrap up of August – just a small way to say thank you for all the things mentioned and the many blessings I failed to notice.