A LĪGO HAIBUN Affair: Ecstasy

This week’s Ligo Haibun Challenge  offers two prompt word choices: Illusion or Ecstasy .

Ye Pirate describes the word Līgo, as “…a Latvian festival about nature, and the mystical relationship tying haibun to nature makes this a nice connection.” As I work to broaden and strengthen my writing style, thought the word Ecstasy, rather than Illusion, would stretch me out of my comfort zone.

Here we go:

Sunlight Kisses

By daylight, it must be so, you plan to go. Yet tonight, in your embrace, rapture begins to rise. Two silhouettes, like paired runners, move together in rhythm; graceful, sensual – as one. You intoxicate my every desire. Your smooth, teasing lips move, oh-so-so slow, across my body – makes my heart race. You come in. The finishing gun explodes. Both drop to the floor. We smile; both dehydrated and exhausted, but feeling like marathon winners.

Sunrise comes. I let no tear fall from my face. Then your eyes water up. I cannot help but playfully slug your arm. I bury my head in your chest. You hold me – tight, tighter then ever. Our last race. The final goodbye.

ecstasy
moans softly at night
memories

41 thoughts on “A LĪGO HAIBUN Affair: Ecstasy

1. summerstommy2 says:

Lovely haibun/haiku. You have created an excellent sense of the ecstasy. I found it much easier to write than my illusion one. On my blog.

thank you, SS2…i enjoyed both your offers this week and sensed the ecstasy one came out easier for you. you created a very beautiful moment. i appreciate your feedback and support.

Thank you, Morgan. I guess you could say, this is a semi-Award Free Blog, meaning, no one follows rules around here. 🙂 Be over to read your post. Congratulations. ♥

2. Kozo Hattori says:

Wow, Sunshine. I loved this. Reminds me of what the French call the “petite morte”–little death. I don’t know if you could call my love-making a marathon. More like a sprint. 🙂 {{{hugs}}} Kozo

3. rommel says:

Sensual…. Another of your flexibilty greatly exercised and showcased…. actually it’s more of passionate than sensual. I’m so impressed once again. You really continue to grow.

4. Ye Pirate says:

From ecstasy to real sadness. Your description was stunning.The boundaries you put by making this the final night added a lot t this. The theme is similar to readingpleasure’s. Both are so intense and sensual but in different styles. Your writing is really superb here. and there is a mysterious qualityinthe ‘final race’ idea.
    Thank you, great to read!

Thank you, Pirate. Always appreciate your feedback and oh, I am so behind reading the Ligo Haibun entries! I will run over to Celestine’s place today! thanks again.