This week’s Ligo Haibun Challenge offers two prompt word choices: Illusion or Ecstasy .
Ye Pirate describes the word Līgo, as “…a Latvian festival about nature, and the mystical relationship tying haibun to nature makes this a nice connection.” As I work to broaden and strengthen my writing style, thought the word Ecstasy, rather than Illusion, would stretch me out of my comfort zone.
Here we go:
By daylight, it must be so, you plan to go. Yet tonight, in your embrace, rapture begins to rise. Two silhouettes, like paired runners, move together in rhythm; graceful, sensual – as one. You intoxicate my every desire. Your smooth, teasing lips move, oh-so-so slow, across my body – makes my heart race. You come in. The finishing gun explodes. Both drop to the floor. We smile; both dehydrated and exhausted, but feeling like marathon winners.
Sunrise comes. I let no tear fall from my face. Then your eyes water up. I cannot help but playfully slug your arm. I bury my head in your chest. You hold me – tight, tighter then ever. Our last race. The final goodbye.
moans softly at night
Enjoy a few more Ligo Haibun contributions…
- Ligo Haibun Challenge ~ Illusion or Ecstasy! (thewhyaboutthis.com)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge..illusion (highfiveandraspberries.wordpress.com)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge ~ Illusion (summerstommy.com)
- Morpethroad: Ecstasy
- Illusion: A Haibun (howanxious.wordpress.com)
- Ligo Haibun Challenge – Illusion
- Ligo Haibun Challenge ~Cosmic Fraud