One of my goals as an amateur (charming, of course) blog
fanatic lover is to gain wisdom on the craft of blogging. Sometimes it is easy to overlook little items our readers see as they scroll through our blog pages.
If you use an iPhone to follow favorite blogs or web sites, adding their blog icon to your phone’s home screen avoids unnecessary repetitive search time when you want to return to their sites.
As I added favorite blog sites to my phone, I noticed something interesting.
WordPress blog sites that upload with a custom blog image icon distinguish themselves over the ones using just the general WordPress icon – small yet mighty…
Well, you know, in my ignorance, I too sported the general WP icon, but not anymore. Thanks to WordPress Support and One Cool Site – Gravatar, Avatar, Blavatar, I discovered (took me long enough), the Blavatar.
The following is a brief look on the term, Blavatar, its usage, and how to upload a custom image for your site.
First, a blavatar is a WordPress term that combines two words:
Blog + Avatar=Blavatar.
A Blavatar appears in the following places:
1. Browser’s address bar and browser tabs
2. When you send a pingback, it appears in the blog’s comment section
3. As a bookmark and icon on iPhone/iPad home screen
Whether you choose to customize your Blavatar is purely your call. If you want your blog site to stand out, however, this is a small step in that direction.
Feel brave…Upload your custom Blavatar:
(Time saver tip – have an image in your computer file ready to load. The recommendation is 128 x 128 pixels image. There is a crop image feature if your selection is not perfect before the upload.)
1. Go to the side bar of your Dashboard→ Settings→General
2. Once in General, you should see: Blog Picture/Icon
3. Click on button: Choose File or Browse (depends on your browser)
4. Find the image from your computer file
5. Click: Upload Image ~ Congratulations!
What are your thoughts on the small yet mighty, Blavatar?