Weekly Photo Challenge: Companionable

“Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life.” Pythagoras

The aging rooster and barn cat…companionable animals
He randomly dines on flourishing bug life
While barn cat, born with a club foot,
Every morning limps bravely forward…

aging rooster & barn catTrailblazing
Unless hindered by high wind, rain or snow!

Companionable friends that bring us happiness truly make life’s journey sweeter, do you not agree??

::: ::: :::

Find everything you need from inspiration, guidelines to participate and other contributors to this week’s photo challenge theme: Companionable, at Daily Post | Weekly Photo Challenge.

Enjoy more Companionable favorites:

25 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Companionable

1. ♡eM says:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Most times, my companions appear quite unexpectedly and we’re rather oddly matched. But I think that’s the best sort of companionship.

What do you think?

2. Beauty Along the Road says:

Definitely unusual companions! Our cats give a wide berth to the chickens should they “unintentionally” discover the cat food on the porch and begin to eat it. I am the one who has to chase the chicken away….

ha ha…this rooster is odd then. i wonder, maybe he knows this cat is physically handicapped so lets her do whatever she likes. ☺
      chickens are pretty aggressive when they want to be…thanks for sharing. you gave me a smile with your chicken chase story. ♥

3. Sonel says:

I totally agree Sunshine. Without them this journey in life would be so boring indeed. They truly bring lots of laughter and love in our lives. Great shot and take on the entry. Love it! They are totally adorable! 😀 *big hugs*

ha-ha! sometimes tho’ aging roosters forget things and start crowing at odd hours…like 3 or 4 in the morning. ☺ that is when you wish the rooster was the phone. thanks for cheery note. /smiles

4. Miki Kuwabara Photography says:

Yes, I agree! My companionable friends make life’s journey sweeter.
    Cute photo!
    Thank you for viewing my photo blog for this week’s challenge: nostalgic. I’m glad you liked it. Please visit again soon! 🙂