SUNDAY POST :Bridge

Jakesprinters: Sunday Post theme this week is Bridge. I offer a borrowed quotation by Markus Zusak – Getting the Girl:

“It feels like the spoken words, this bridge. I want it but fear it. God, I want so desperately to reach the other side – just like I want the words. I want my words to build bridges strong enough to walk on. I want them to tower over the world so I can stand up on them and walk to the other side.”

Old bridge

The gripping words: “…fear…desperately…want my words to build bridges strong enough to walk on…”

Yea.

Say we throw down our fears and get building them strong bridges!

24 thoughts on “SUNDAY POST :Bridge

1. restlessjo says:

Your new header is “simply beautiful”. Many thanks for pinging me again. I should do this, but always forget. 🙂 I love your response to the challenge. I haven’t yet read this Zusak novel but I will.

i had some extra time to add a few related posts…so you are quite welcome, Jo. you may like Book Thief by Zusak. i think it is his best so far…now, my thanks to you for your lovely visit. ♥

i had an afterthought but pressed reply button to quick…my words should have indicated something like, “if you did not read Book Thief…” ☺ okay, all cleared up. cheers!

2. Sonel says:

Absolutely beautiful Sunshine and love the blog change and header hon. I keep wanting to tell you that but then my mind wanders. So let me tell you that first. LOL!
    Okay, that’s finished and now to tell you your entry is excellent for the challenge! I want a strong bridge like that. 😀 *hugs*

i’m happy to see Jake back…and gosh, thank you for the kind words. i’m trying to catch up with your cool and nifty designs you create on your end. ☺
      i have to admit.. this post was a collage of borrowed materials. ha ha. thank you, Sonel and ☼sunHUGS!!

Love your reflections, Marilyn, especially the idea of mystery behind bridges…where can it take us? Hopefully nothing scary as in a Stephen King book! ☺ Thanks

3. philosophermouseofthehedge says:

Nice summery look here.
    Giggles.
    If bridges are too slow (there’s always the hitting thumbs with the hammer) toss a rope or get a pogo stick (Stilts? too tall and you have to be coordinated?)
    It’s too hard to be serious today, but well done