Weekly Photo Challenge: The Sign Says

This week, the Daily Post| Weekly Photo Challenge takes a good look at Signs. According to Sara Rosso, signs can be “Funny, poignant, symbolic, incorrect, informative, foreshadowing…there are so many signs in the world.”

Well, thank goodness for signs. Especially helpful signs like this funny one next to a busy highway:

Signs

Really, if your teeth suddenly decided to drop clear out of sight, please, by all means, stop by My Dentist for free exams…

Dentist Sign

You never know because this sign does say they have your teeth. I wonder. Do they keep all the missing teeth in the lost and found bin?

Speaking of signs….the tooth fairy never made too many appearances as I was growing up…*sigh*

How was/is your relationship with the tooth fairy?

35 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: The Sign Says

1. Sonel says:

LOL! I wonder if they have some of my teeth as well Sun. 😀
    Lovely signs hon. I also never saw the tooth fairy. Guess it’s because it was Dwayne Johnson. 😛

2. deannagreensandgardenart says:

In our house the legend goes “The toothless fairy is looking for teeth, so this is why he leaves a quarter under your pillow (or nowadays with inflation, he will pay $1 or $5 for my grandkids teeth!)”

whoa! you say the fairy pays $5? wow! i wonder, once we lose our adult teeth does the tooth fairy looks for those teeth? ha ha…extra retirement money. ☺
      thanks, Deanna, for sharing the tooth fairy legend. ♥

3. Kozo Hattori says:

haha, Sunshine. That sign caught my attention right away. It reminds me of being in Morocco and seeing a tooth salesman. He had a pile of teeth on a rug. People would come by and try to fit these teeth into holes where their teeth were missing. If it fit, they would buy the teeth. Now we know where the tooth fairy takes all those teeth. 🙂 {{{Hugs}}} Kozo

your story, while funny, is quite unbelievable and *ewww* all at the same time! what? how did the teeth stay in put, i wonder? so that solves the tooth fairy’s need for so many teeth. thanks for the enlightenment…☺

4. Sheila says:

I’m nearing the age of missing teeth so it’s good to know where to go to get them back once they all start to fall out – thank you!

i think the sign making people truly had good intentions. ☺ you’re right, it just comes out with a different meaning for some…probably overworked employees so had to get a sign up quick. 🙂
      thanks!