Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background…but first, Shift Perspectives!

This week’s, Daily Post Weekly Photo Challenge, the goal is to make the foreground of the photograph the center of the attention, thus making the real background, the backstage player.

Well, the center of attention for most of my shopping trips to Wal-Mart, an American multinational retail store, is the pet section.

Namely, the aquarium fish section.

aquarium fishes

In the background, the sign guarantees everyday low prices, even on pretty aquarium fishes swimming in the foreground. ♥

Careful, you may spend hours oohing and aahing at the variety of peaceful schools of aquarium fishes and forget what you came to Wal-Mart for in the first place.

Whatever you load your shopping cart with, Wal-Mart guarantees you everyday low price merchandise.

* * *

Where is the center of attention in your shopping adventures?

* * *

37 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: In the Background…but first, Shift Perspectives!

1. Kozo Hattori says:

Love these huge floating fish, Sunshine. The center of attention in my shopping adventures is to be aware of why I feel the need to buy something.
    We just got my son a betta fish for his birthday. I have to say that watching him/her swim around is peaceful. {{{hugs]}} Kozo

who can resist the betta fishes!! your concept of awareness, as always, is a very good thought to take into any shopping adventure. it helps when you also think you have only a few $$ so the only thing left is to shop with your eyes. ha ha.
      thanks, Kozo and ☼sunHUGS!!

2. Kris says:

Yep fish. I’ve visited the fish department on many of my visits to WalMart. That and the plant departments are my favorites.
    Thanks for the pingback 🙂

i love how Walmart usually puts both the pet and garden in close proximity. ☺
      you’re welcome on the pingback…thanks for your visit, Kris. ♥

3. Sonel says:

Oh wow! That is one great shot Sunshine! Love it hon and thanks for sharing. 🙂
    *hugs*
    PS: I hate shopping. LOL!

4. munchow says:

Great use of reflections to make the background be an important part of the story of the picture – and still the background. Very nice work.

thanks, Otto. i still remember your post on where those aquarium fishes originate from and how little $$ those people make working that business. 😦

hmmm, the fishes want to know one thing: you are bringing your LB fishing pole and not your LB jaws of death like some dogs, we won’t mention names-bongo-right??? ☺