Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above

From above, the perfidious Shari realizes her life is no different from the random litter of decayed leaves and trash that lay below her.

From Above life must change

Her soul feels dead.
She removes every trace of makeup from her cosmopolitan face.
She knows how draining it is to cover all the lines and lies
That play in her head.
With sharp scissors close to her head, slowly she snips.

Each lock of hair falls, like years of collected garbage…
quickly, she sweeps it all into the trash can.
She hears Leon Trotsky’s words reminding her,

“Life is not an easy matter…

You cannot live through it without falling into frustration and cynicism unless you have before you a great idea which raises you above personal misery, above weakness, above all kinds of perfidy and baseness.”

Sometimes if we look from above a great height, we may see unattractive spots in our own lives that need attention and cleaning up after.

As for Shari, life from above now means working hard to get her high school diploma and remain forever drug and alcohol free.

From above, how do you see life…as an easy matter to clean up or not?

* * *

If you like this post, find more on how to participate here in the Daily Post| Weekly Photo Challenge.

36 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: From Above

1. Kozo Hattori says:

I just read a post by Jonathan Hilton about work. I commented that I would rather find my passion and “work” hard for the rest of my life. Then I happened to click here and read Trotsky’s quotation (after looking up “perfidious” ):

“Life is not an easy matter…

I finally feel like I have found a great idea to be passionate about. Your post is God’s way of telling me that I have found my calling. Thank you, Sunshine. {{{hugs}}} Kozo

you’re welcome, Kozo…and another good reason to blog…increases your vocabulary in fun ways…ha ha.
      i read somewhere that work is God’s gift to us humans…He’s so thoughtful. ☺
      xoxo

2. munchow says:

A thoughtful post which puts life in perspective. With few words you lay the world open for us. Beautiful and somewhat sad, too.

3. Arindam says:

Sunshine, more than the picture I liked the idea behind the post a lot. Your effort with this post, to pass on such an important message is commendable. Great work, Sunshine. 🙂

oh, hey, Arindam! thanks for reading and sharing…always got to make sure we pick up the rubbish spots in our lives. ☺ clean living is the way to go…ha ha ☼sunHUGS!!

4. belleofthecarnival says:

Life is full of glittery messes some of it is fun to clean-up and other times you just want to get the damn glitter off the floor. The thing is if life was perfect there would be no point to get moving and put yourself out there 🙂

5. Island Traveler says:

That is an eye opener for all. If we do indeed look from above, we see a bigger picture of ourselves and all its flaws. The next question is what do we do about it. Hmm, time to make my list of what I should change about myself which is…a lot!

your heart is centered in goodness so i believe any changes you need to do, IT, would merely be slight tweaking here and there…and i am sure your little son will perfect you in no time. ☺ ha ha. thanks for reminding me…gotta make a list myself!!

i love these photo challenges…one can go crazy running around trying to figure the best way to get the right picture. thanks so much, Johann. ♥