Grateful 4: March 2013

i had such a late start…two weeks before March 2013 ended, an inspiration blossomed after reading, Rhonda Byrne’s book, The Secret Gratitude Book and everyday guru’s…Everyday Thanksgiving-March 2013.

i find it very easy to forget, during the busyness of everyday, all the blessings that go unnoticed and never a whisper of a “thank you” leave my lips. this is why i know how i must momentarily stop and reflect on at least four things that i am so thankful for everyday. this is my personal list highlighted everyday and summarized here as a love offering and prayer to the Universe.

~~my dear readers, please know i do not expect you to read through this long list…just sharing the blessings in March and saying thank you dear Universe…♥

i am grateful 4… spring seasonthe freedom to create & share with so many folks around the world via this blog and other social networkshoneybeesthriving cactus plants on my windowsill, majestic creations…horses, Earl Grey tea, firewood, ♥ ice cream sandwich especially if vanilla ice cream is really, really thick!  public libraries, Friday Fictioneer stories, post-it notesHosanna! Palm Sunday procession, spiritual nourishment…knowing we are all children of God ♥  fresh, cream filled chocolate donuts! ☺ learning to balance in Bakasana or Crane yoga pose. Monday. I love this day because it works like a fresh start into new projects, ideas, planning etc.☺coming home to sweatpants/shirt and fuzzy warm socks, PBJ (peanut butter jam) sandwiches, getting bills paid on time, a very busy day getting the TO DO list completed. Yay! Lasagna with lots, lots, lots of cheese! soothing classical guitar songs on the radiobook written by Loung Ung: First They Killed My Father, warmer weather with lots of sunshine! ☼ tasty leftovers ->lasagna!  cooking ovens and refrigerators, grammar lesson on future tense, Holy ThursdayGod’s unlimited blessings, Institution of the Eucharist. Passover meal celebration with friends, Good Friday. St. Teresa of Avila‘s poem: The Way of the Cross, grateful stray dogbeing able to help a stray dog with some food and water. ♥ the special mention for the post, “Soriya” over at Ligo Haibun. Holy Saturdaysilence, simple meals, time spent with family. Amen ♥

☼sunLOVE to you all!

© 2013-simplycharming

24 thoughts on “Grateful 4: March 2013

1. Long Life Cats and Dogs says:

I think it’s such a wonderful idea to force oneself into finding at least 4 things for which we are grateful each day. You have reminded me, once again, to do exactly the same thing. Oh, and you reminded me about Earl Grey tea, which I haven’t had for years and absolutely love. Think I’ll have to go out and get some.

when i first tasted Earl Grey i thought, wow, this is not only perfect tasting but what a beautiful aroma too! enjoy your cup, Susan and thank you! ♥

2. Kozo says:

Sunshine,
    Now I know why people like reading my monthly gratitude posts. This was so refreshing. I could taste the cheesy lasagne. I could feel balance in the yoga pose. I pet the stray dog. I enjoyed the silence. So much to be grateful for. Reading this list is like a vacation from negativity. You have just made me an addict. Make sure you post one of these every month or you might find me knocking on your door at midnight. haha. {{{hugs}}} Kozo

3. Katie says:

I’ve always found it surprising how good it feels to take a minute and think about some things I’m thankful for. I hope it is the same for you!

i realize now how much i take for granted. stopping to reflect even for a quick moment definitely makes a big difference during the course of the day. i do feel better…less stressed. thank you for sharing, Katie. ♥

4. munchow says:

I love this post. We should be much more grateful for what life has to offer us in various ways. The idea of reflecting on four things to be grateful about, is great.

i am grateful for your lovely thought, Otto. you also inspire me to be grateful for what i have with your posts from places where people really live with barely nothing yet are so full of hope…thank you. ♥

5. Amy says:

I love the idea of making an effort to appreciate the good things. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us, Sunshine!

6. Cafe says:

Ahhhh I am inspired! So much to be grateful for…the simple things, the beautiful things, the things we take for granted. Thanks for the reminder 🙂

7. Why I love smoking... and need to stop says:

This is a wonderful list, but I might be biased as many that you listed are also those I’m grateful for, including earl gray tea, honeybees, and cheesy lasagna! There is a great book by Barbara Anne Kipfer, 14,000 Things to be Happy About (1990) — a keep a pencil with me a check off things so I can return, when I think I’ve forgotten to be grateful for life: http://www.amazon.com/14-000-Things-Happy-About/dp/0894803700