Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood

Phoneography captured a mid-day busybody hoping to go unnoticed as I strolled around my countryside neighborhood.

A hanging spider.

Yay.

the hanging spider

Superstition says...”If a spider hangs over your head, you will get a letter…” (perhaps, email in today’s high-tech world!)

“All spiders except tarantulas are omens of good luck. The larger the spider, the bigger the rewards.”

Do you believe in spider superstitions???

Find everything you need about blogging on the go here at Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood

38 thoughts on “Phoneography Challenge: My Neighborhood

I can’t believe the venomous kinds are good luck–the cleaning lady/phone person for our apt told me on Friday that she found some Black Widows and killed them…aarrgghh.

• Caddo Veil says:

I reported my concerns to management–they’ll get the folks out to “extinguish” them Black Widdas–but now I’ll have to research and see if we get the brown recluses–shoot!

i read some people bitten by these brown recluse have to get their skin grafted! the spiders like to hide so really, if we get bitten it is only because we are scaring the daylights out of the spiders. 🙂 ugh.

2. Long Life Cats and Dogs says:

Never even heard of the spider superstitions but, considering the quantity of email I receive each day, I’ll have to assume a ton of spiders are hanging over my head which, truthfully, simply scares the living daylights out of me 😀

ha ha ha!!! maybe Pixels can help you win your war with the spiders up above. oh, that would be nasty having so many hanging above…thankfully none of us believe in these spider superstitions!?! 🙂

3. Kozo says:

Big rewards coming your way, Sunshine, because that spider looks huge. Looks like it is setting up a web for Boeing Airbus. {{{Hugs}}} Kozo

aiy…you must live in a good place if you have to go and find them spiders, IT. ha! i just found a dead scorpion…inside the house! uck!
      my day is very beautiful now…thank you and peace to you. ♥

4. Katie says:

I almost didn’t click on your post because of the scary looking spider. They frighten me. Did it look at you and rub it’s hands together? Or was it more friendly? Because if it was…beware…it’s a sneaky spider trick!

ha haahha…they are creepy. thank the Universe it was sitting way up so really, i just took the picture and ran away!! ha! love your words…”a sneaky spider trick.” 😛
      i am happy you braved it and came to chat a bit.

you just made me laugh too hard, Jake! a classic moment…spider bites Peter Parker’s hands!!! what a movie. 🙂

hey, i actually made a Sunday Post this week. ha hahha. you need to be more strict, teacher. 😛