Weekly Photo Challenge: Move Forward…Don’t Stop!!

forward

Some days find me like a dead stump. Doubt and fear find my creative spirit idling in neutral, unable to move forward.  Even caffeine fails to throw me in first gear! Have you noticed, as an artist, no matter what media is your passion, when self-doubt and fear creeps in, how easy it is to give up? Whether a writer, photographer, actor, or even as a blogger, you begin to think everyone is far more talented and smarter than you are. Instead of another artist’s work inspiring, you spiral into despair and whine how hopeless it all is. Unfortunately, spending too much time in this state of mind, can fence in and kill the once vibrant creative life.  We stop writing, the camera goes on the shelf and as a blogger, we simply stop posting.

Dale Carnegie says, “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”

So, if you happen to be stuck, as I am sometimes, but want to move forward again, then, perhaps John Frusciante’s words can help…

Ha! I sent doubt and fear back to no man’s land by posting for this Weekly Photo Challenge: Forward. You can too! Simply take action and do not quit!!

How do you move forward when stuck in doubt and fear mode?

38 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Move Forward…Don’t Stop!!

Well, take a lesson from my boys–quitting is not an option; tie your hand in the rope, nod your head, and ride till you hear the whistle or your head hits the dirt. Even if you don’t make the 8, folks will say, “that little gal’s got ‘no quit’ in her”–sweet words, almost as good a check some weekends–and it sure ’nuff makes the bruises hurt less. God bless you Big–love, sis Caddo

2. angelswhisper2011 says:

Nice post to the subject, Sunshine! It happens that I quit with whatever I’m doing, but I’m always fight to go on, even if it costs me sometimes a few days, before I give myself a fresh start.

i sent Little Binky an air message to keep her eyes on you so you never quit your working & i see she is doing a fine job. no slaking. lol!

that’s what makes blogging fun…we keep encouraging each other! love you guys! 🙂

That sounds like the perfect combo, David: Will yourself to do what must get done and at the same time use your mind to start next projects. I love the idea! Thanks for sharing.

3. Kozo says:

Love how the inaction of this fence created a beautiful collection of leaves, life, and beauty. Sometimes inaction is just the accumulation of beauty. Thank you for posting, Sunshine. {{{Hugs}}} Kozo

4. Island Traveler says:

I too have my gray days when I’m sad and out of energy but I agree when you said, “I find that the best way to do things is to constantly move forward and to never doubt anything and keep moving forward, if you make a mistake say you made a mistake.” We have to fight that things will always be better.

i can see how you, IT, run out of energy…you give so much to others with your inspiring posts and lovely visits. thank you for your presence and sharing that help so many to keep moving forward. may you be filled with abundant energy and blessings from above. ♥

5. rommel says:

Great message, Sunshine. I hope you’re not still worried about your aptitude, writing abilities and creativity. Else, I’ma give you some heavy beating now. 😀

!!*eek* !! hope you did not stash any of those big rocks from your Joshua hike!
      🙂 thanks for the power boost, Rommel, & drop those rocks! Ha ha

6. rommel says:

I happen upon this post reading the not posting thing. And it’s funny because I was the opposite. Not being such boastful, I’m hoping you’re the only one who sees this comment. one of the reasons why I stopped posting is because of success. When I wrote PEOPLE, I had overwhelming comments, that I felt I hit a nail. That I felt like I really had fully accomplished something. Well, that’s one of the factor of my long hiatus. A lot of it are personal, family and relationship problems.

Rommel, i completely forgot about this piece i wrote…sad tale of a mind descending into the darkness of memory loss. 😆
      interesting the way our thoughts drive the action we decide to take everyday…some see fear, burn-out, success…whatever reason, though, taking time away from whatever drives our creative mind is something that needs to be done. it is rich nourishment that allows the spirit to indulge without deadlines…it is freedom to just be. going away from regular routine also brings more appreciation on things we sometimes take for granted. ♥ ☼sunHUGS!!