Good Ol’ Country Boys

Copyright-Janet Webb

Inspiration: Friday Fictioneers|100 words on photo prompt.
For more details, click on this photo.
Photo Copyright- Janet Webb

“Jimmy, I can’t believe you spent all your money on this ol’ barn! Our kin folks are going to laugh their guts out. Well, shoot, at least the fence looks…dang, is that poison ivy?” wondered Billy.

“Maybe, Billy, so stay clear. Anyway, it seems right to try restore Pop’s once, pride and joy. You remember that unforgettable day the whole community came for our barn raising event? Well, to show my gratitude, I plan to give back by restoring as many historical buildings as possible.”

Billy Ray grinned. “Say, hot-shot attorney, what say we go noodling*?

“You’re on, Bub!” Go!!

*noodling: Form of fishing without the use of fishing poles. Go to a river, find a catfish hole, stick your hand in the hole and hopefully grab yourself a big catfish…and not a snake. 🙂

If you want more fiction stories on today’s prompt, simply click the blue Links in collection below. Enjoy! ♥

34 thoughts on “Good Ol’ Country Boys

1. sustainabilitea says:

Yikes!! I think I’d rather work on fixing up the barn. I’m glad they can still have fun together, despite Jimmy being an attorney. 🙂 Just not my kind of fun!!

Enjoy the weekend,

janet

i fear, Moondustwriter, with the distraction these two country boys are making while noodling, the barn may never be renovated. ha!
      thanks for sharing. 🙂
      (btw, i tried to visit your site but not sure if you have it in protected mode on purpose or not. just thought i would mention it if you did not know.)

2. train-whistle says:

you can take the boy out of noodling, but you can’t take noodling out of the boy. this was a fun post. what brothers end of doing together, no matter how old and educated they become.

so happy to bring some fun out on Friday. 🙂
      when i came across these two having the best time over something so primitive, i had to share somehow.
      i love when we can have those simple *smile* moments…thank you! ♥

as the younger brother wanted to do…distract the older bro in order to, hopefully, get out of barn renovations.

>noodling, primitive fishing at its finest. ha ha. :p
      thanks, Katie. ♥

oh, Rommel, you really don’t wanna go where these boys go. i think that’s the confusion, right? anyway, to catch the big fish, these boys find a catfish hole in the muddy water, stick their hands in and hopefully grab a fish with their hands. they leave the fishing pole at home.
      sooory if i made confusion in your head. 😦
      i’ll send them back to rebuild barn instead. 🙂

3. Abraham says:

I like this. This noodling is done barehanded or with gloves? 🙂

When I read “wondered Billy” I thought he was wondering in his mind, not out loud.

thank you, Abraham…sharp eyes! I will need to edit the wondering on Billy’s part. so glad you pointed that out!

and as far as noodling, no gloves, it’s strictly a hand’s on sport! ha ha. some get their arm wounded pretty bad…but i guess that’s their bragging wounds. 😉

thanks again 🙂