Forgiveness

Sailor and I run the path daily, racing to sink into the soft depth of the fine white sand.

friday fictioneers

Copyright-Renee Homan Heath

“Does he see us, mommy?” questioned Sailor as he pushed sand into huge mountains.

“Michael-Sailor, you know your daddy watches over us,” as I embraced him gently brushing bits of sand from his pudgy little nose, “and I tell you what, you got his big, beautiful green eyes!”

Holding Sailor, I remembered Sasha, the distraught wife of Sailor’s daddy, holding her own bitter pain as she forgave me, the penitent mistress, while serving a twenty-year sentence for his murder.

* * *

Genre: Contemporary fiction

Inspiration: Friday Fictioneers…

We are a growing community of blogging writers who come together each week from all parts of the globe to share individual flash fictions from a single photo prompt. The prompt goes up early Wednesday morning  CST to give each writer time to compose a story by Friday. Some use the photo as a mere inspiration while others use it as an illustration. Use your imagination and think outside the box.

WARNING! This is an addiction for which there is no 12-step recovery program.

THE CHALLENGE:

Write a one hundred word story that has a beginning, middle and end. (No one will be ostracized for going over or under the word count.)

THE KEY:

Make every word count.

Need More?

Visit ROCHELLEWISOFF Photo prompt 25 January 2013

or click blue froggy for cool contributors:

65 thoughts on “Forgiveness

ha ha, Angelswper, i’m just a small fish learning to swim like the big fishes…& wow! so many great writers out there that the discovery/learning journey is joy enough.
      you are appreciated ❤ hugs to Little Binky!!!!

well, we all know how lazy the Sun is and how her imagination ends at the 100th word… 😐 sometimes even before the 100th word…
      so, best bet would be to chain her to the desk and hope she can learn something before wandering off with the next cloud drift. haha…
      but you made my day, sis! thank you, THANK YOU!! 🙂

1. Kozo says:

Sunshine, You got skills, and a crazy imagination–at least, I hope this is fiction, not memoir. haha. I agree with angelwhisperer, WRITE A BOOK. 🙂

i wuv my fav cheerleader, KOZO!!! :p
      as i whispered to Angel…me, small fish, so stay in small pond and just admire the big fishes with big talents…but
      maybe small fish turn to be ninja fish one day. *BIG laughter*
      {{hugs}}

and hopefully all the characters become enlightened and spread love rather than destruction around their future world…thank you for your time and thoughts. ❤

it could be quite a punishment and in this case, both mistress and the wife in prison, are both grieving the loss of a loved one and trying to make good from a terrible situation. the child belongs to the mistress-a love child produced from the affair.
      i appreciate your time reading and sharing. ❤

a mother’s love and perhaps the power of forgiveness, maybe.
      thanks, Ted! i love your drinking mug…makes me want to log off and go get a cup of something…haha. 🙂

2. newpillowbook says:

Oh my goodness, you really knocked me sideways with that ending! At first I wasn’t sure whether the father had died or left them, and I was expecting to hear more about what went wrong – but you gave us a MUCH more satisfying story.

hey, Otto! the 100-word fiction community is filled with passionate writers sharing their stories that amaze me too. trying to write a scene logically in a few words really is a great writing exercise. i appreciate you taking the time to read and share. ❤