Diamond Girl or Not…

Some say diamonds are a girl’s best friend. For some, however, receiving a gift with four legs, large teeth and somewhat protruding yet gentle eyes would be the dreamiest gift of a lifetime!

Did you guess the special gift some girls prefer over precious diamonds?

You can spot this gift grazing peacefully in a pasture, a few are specially bred and trained to win over at the racetrack and some, earn their keep as part of the farm or rodeo circuit staff members.

A nice horse

A cowgirl dream gift: Gimme a horse, not diamonds, fer Christmas!

For some girls, on every Christmas wish list made, the only gift we asked for, but never saw under the tree–ever–was the gift of a horse.

*simple*

Silly of us to ask.

“The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire.

~Sharon Ralls Lemon

* * *

Was there a special gift you wanted as a child but never received?

* * *

Diamond Girl or Not…is written for the 12/26/12 Daily Prompt: Gimme. Enjoy a few more contributors below:

23 thoughts on “Diamond Girl or Not…

1. Kozo says:

Love the quote about horses, Sunshine. “Grace, Beauty, Spirit, and Fire” sounds like a recipe for humanness too. I heard that horse riding is one of the best things to teach a child since it teaches them respect, mastery, and compassion. Even though you did not get the horse, you still got the lessons. {{{Hugs}}} Kozo

You bring good light, Kozo! Hey, did you know that horses are being used more often now in children therapy because they have the ability to sense what is really going on with the child. I read about a very angry teen who kicked up a big storm during a therapeutic session & one of the horses came right up to the teen & stood near him. The belligerent teen fell to his knees in tears because the horse sensed pain rather than anger. The therapist was able to help the teen faster because of the horse. Amazing. Truly a gift from the Divine. 🙂

• Kozo says:

I’m not much of an animal person, but five of the posts I read today were about animals.and the Dianne Gray book I am reading focuses on animals. Maybe 2013 is my year to connect with the Divine through animals. 🙂

2. Angelia Sims says:

I love horses. They are beautiful animals, but somehow I think taking care of diamonds would be cheaper. Lol. I can’t remember a gift I didn’t get that I wanted. We were really lucky.

Right on the spot again, Angelia. A horse is definitely an expensive hobby. *sigh*

Ah, you were/are richly blessed that you now share with your family and us, your readers. Thank you. 🙂

3. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin says:

I seemed to get some form of the gift I wanted…My parents tried hard…I’m so dang practical…I only wanted things I knew were possible… If I could have had a “gimme” gift it would have been to be able to go to Art School…(college)…but, I was blessed with a job Ioved and a use for my talents …So…maybe my “gimme” came true…but, just in another form…

I love your blue snowflakes at the top, Sunshine–they match the ones in my windowsill!!! This isn’t what you’re looking for, I’m sure–but I just wanted my mom to love me, or like me a little even.

What a beautiful windowsill you must have…:)

😦 I am saddened by your mother’s inability to share her love with you, sis…how is this possible is a mystery I wish could be revealed. Some people, I guess, is not capable of loving their own. Thankfully we have a great Father who loves unconditionally. Many blessings to you, sweet Caddo! 🙂