Some say diamonds are a girl’s best friend. For some, however, receiving a gift with four legs, large teeth and somewhat protruding yet gentle eyes would be the dreamiest gift of a lifetime!
Did you guess the special gift some girls prefer over precious diamonds?
You can spot this gift grazing peacefully in a pasture, a few are specially bred and trained to win over at the racetrack and some, earn their keep as part of the farm or rodeo circuit staff members.
For some girls, on every Christmas wish list made, the only gift we asked for, but never saw under the tree–ever–was the gift of a horse.
Silly of us to ask.
“The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire.”
~Sharon Ralls Lemon
* * *
Was there a special gift you wanted as a child but never received?
* * *
Diamond Girl or Not…is written for the 12/26/12 Daily Prompt: Gimme. Enjoy a few more contributors below:
- Daily Prompt: Gimme (doityourselfish.wordpress.com)
- Gimme’s never get (mygardenblue.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt. GIMME! (thecheekydiva.com)
- Daily Prompt; Gimme/ The Daily Post (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt ~ Gimme (jlroeder.wordpress.com)
- DP: Gimme – Traditionally Speaking (theseeker57.wordpress.com)