Group Hug

Whenever something senseless and tragic happens like the recent Newtown school shooting, I cannot help but think; when did life become so complicated and ugly? Although I did not know any of the victims, their families or the shooter, like many of us, I felt as if a loved one had perished during this terrible ordeal.

I have to tell you, it has been difficult these last couple of days to find the inspiration to post while you know someone across the way is going through the ordeal of grieving and trying to understand exactly why this all had to happen.

With that thought in mind, I was happy when I found these words by Thornton Wilder that read:

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.”

If there is anything from the Newtown ordeal that stood out for me, it was learning not to take anyone for granted. After reading how many parents rushed to get their own children safely home to hug and cherish their treasures, I realized my own treasures not only with personal family and friends but also you guys, my companions on-line.

Today, I want to give a {{group hug}} to all of you, especially those who never fail to comment and those who generously awarded me recently with blog awards. You all make my days awfully sweet!!

My Top 6 Commenters:

I hope you read this post Tears and Tragedy Days Before Christmas because not only does Island T. share his heart thoughts on Newtown, but the “merciless typhoon Bopha [that] hit Davao Oriental, New Bataan and surrounding communities in the Philippines” several days ago.

My Recent Awards

Group Hug - II

Group Hug– Photo credit: pushthisbutton

I would like to honor each of these award gifts separately but my talents only go so far and it would take me too long to attempt such a feat. Please visit and give some {{hugs}} to these wonderful friends. Life is too short to wait so let us encourage one another in appreciation.

Thank YOU for all these awards! I am so grateful and honored. I apologize for breaking all the rules for each award. *eep*

* * * *

Curtain Call: Featured Blog…

Munchow’s Creative Photo Blog: If you ever desire to learn more about creativity and photography, you need Otto. His passions are to “teach photography and particularly workshops dealing with creativity and expansion of one’s creative approach.”

Currently he is featuring until the end of 2012, a special offer. If you submit your favorite photo blog links to his page: Best Photo Blogs and there are no limits to the number of links, you could if your entry wins, receive a cool screen saver! Yay!

Finally, do not leave without checking the latest from Otto: Instagram My Backyard! Maybe we should ask if we can have a BBQ soon…just kidding, Otto. 🙂

Next up, Blogger of the Year 2012 wrap up.

{{GROUP HUG}}

36 thoughts on “Group Hug

Oh Sunshine, thank you so much–I’m honored to be mentioned here. I thought I had finished crying, but as soon as I started reading this, the tears were blinding again. I wonder how those families are managing, if I’m feeling this wrecked. But I read some great verses this morning after church, and wrote some more poetry–and I’m determined to refocus and reclaim my Jesus Joy! Bless your dear heart–when you read my Christmas post, you’ll see we are very much on the same page–now, ain’t that special?!! Much love, sis Caddo

2. Kozo says:

I love the over-whelming gratitude and positivity of this post in the face of recent events. I think the whole world needs a group hug, so count me in. {{GROUP HUG}}

i am wondering how we got so far off the beaten path…may our world energies be renewed soon and those most in need of renewal and healing be reached, pronto!

thank you Kozo. {{hugs}}

3. angelswhisper2011 says:

Oh, Sunshine, my heart was breaking by the news of the school and I am completely confused by it. It was an unnecessary act and so unbelieveable, my thoughts go to the surviving family and I pray that they can find peace in their hearts again, after so much injustice.

I am so grateful you came to my blog about a year ago, so I could find yours and I never left, because you’re always come up with so many beautiful things on your blog that I like to read and I draw a lot of inspiration and strenghts out of your words. You’re a lovely, kind, spritual Soul, that I don’t want to miss in my life. Thank you for the Group Hug, my friend, it makes my day so much brighter. Big Hug for you too from Little Binky and me. Little Binky says “you’re a purrfect friend and thanks for the purrup to heaven 🙂

The world may be going a little crazy recently but I know for sure there is still goodness all around us…may each of us become more aware of our thoughts and actions and strive to put these good energies out into our hurting world.

A new year…a new start…here we go! Yeah! 🙂

4. Athina says:

Thank you Sunshine for sharing all the things that you did in your blog this year… Here’s to a better New Year & a virtual big, warm hug right back at you 🙂

5. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin says:

You had me way back when with the introduction of Chuckles…and then your words kept drawing me back…Thanks so much for the “hug”…we all need that!…Thanks again for the mention in blog following…the sweetest!…Have a wonderful 2013 Year …mkg

Here we go, 2013, waiting to make its grand entrance…we ready??

Either way, I am looking forward to the new year and sharing time with all here. Fun times! 🙂

{{hugs}}

6. Arindam says:

Thanks a lot Sunshine for the mention of my book. You always come up with posts, like this one which spreads hope, togetherness and inspiration. Have a great day and week ahead!

7. eof737 says:

Kudos on your effort and congrats to you and all on your list. I appreciate the mention and wish I could be comment as much on many other blogs… 24 hours isn’t enough. Thank you! {{{HUGS}}}

8. Island Traveler says:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing these beautiful awards and words of encouragement. I needed that group hug. Comforting and inspiring. Beautiful. Wishing you and your family all the joys, love and peace of the holidays.

I still do not know how you do all the things you do here…with your in depth fab posts and making meaningful visits to all of us…YOU are an amazingly talented and generous soul.
      A blessed holiday to you too! 🙂