Unexpected

Photo Copyright-Rich Voza

So this is heaven, thought Stevie. Really, not at all like she thought it would be.

“Hello? Hell–OO…Anyone here? Angels, you here?”

“Mama?”

Why did mama always say, “Heaven is the place you need to aim your pretty little eyes up to, Stevie. Never take them eyes off heaven, ya hear?”

“Yea, mama, I will.”

Suddenly, as Stevie walked towards the end of the hall, she felt the loss of her hearing as the cold steel silence began to press firmly against both ears.

“Mama, this heaven is scaring me. You here mama? Please open your door.”

“I desperately need you.”

* * *

This 100-word story is my first entry for the Friday Fictioneers, hosted by Rochelle Wisoff-Fields.

Thanks for sharing some time with me today.

Peace be with you. 🙂

If you want more on this photo prompt, please click below. Enjoy!

43 thoughts on “Unexpected

1. sustainabilitea says:

Welcome to the Fictioneers. I could feel Stevie’s fear. This heaven is definitely not the one I’m keeping my eyes on. 🙂 Looking forward to reading more stories from you. Have a lovely weekend.

(Don’t forget to put the little inlinkz symbol somewhere on your story page. That enables your readers to read any or all of the other Fictioneers stories and there are a lot worth reading! For WordPress, pick the third choice and put it in while you have your page on the HTML, not visual, page. It automatically updates when new stories are posted.)

Thanks for letting me know about adding the froggy link to our post…how neat!! 😉
      This was so much fun! I am now gearing up for this learning journey into fiction writing!!
      I appreciate your warm hospitality. 🙂

2. rochellewisoff says:

Dear Sunshine,
    Welcome to Friday Fictioneers.
    Nice story and well written, although I’m a little confused by the dialogue. Is it all Stevie speaking? I wasn’t sure who said “I desperately need you.” Her or her mother. Pardon my density, but please keep coming back.
    shalom
    Rochelle

Hi Rochelle!
      Thank you for pointing out the vague speaker(s) in this piece. Stevie was the one speaking through it all. 🙂
      I really enjoyed writing for this prompt & plan to return often.
      Again, thanks!!!!

I thought it would be tough to write 100 words but once you get started, 100 words is really not enough!

Thanks for reading and I enjoyed reading about your Spanish beauty…;)

It would be quite unexpected if heaven turned up looking totally different than what we imagine it to be…Yikes!
      Glad you dropped in and I hope to read the short story, Library of Babel soon. Thanks! 🙂

3. Paul says:

Welcome to FF. I’m usually one of the last to contribute, don’t know why. I enjoyed your take and have a strange feeling this is not Heaven but…, you know…, the other place…!

Hi Paul! Oops, sorry to take your spot and I will try to get in line earlier next time. 😉
      Thank you for your inspiration to check our this fiction writing community.
      Oh, and not heaven you say…whew, glad it was only my imagination gone wild! 🙂

4. rommel says:

BOOO!!! I hate this 100-word story bogus. This, and that darn Wordless Wednesday. 😀 It’s just not enough. Hook, line and sinker. Great job, Sunshine.