Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections

Reflections… “If 5 seconds of smiling can make a photograph more beautiful, then just imagine,

Jack's reflection

if you always keep smiling,

how beautiful your life will be.”

~Unknown

* * *

Window reflections
Doubles the image of Jack
Let’s *live* life* smiling

* * *

This “Weekly Photo Challenge is about reflections in the composition of a shot. Reflections are all around us, whether they’re in a window, a puddle, a mirror, or another surface. They can dramatically affect the feeling and mood of a shot by creating a surreal sense of duality.”

Did this double image of smiling Jack affect the feeling and mood you were in?

If looking at reflections in photographs interest you, why not join the community of weekly photo contributors and share a photo today! Below is a quick peek into some creative photo shares: Enjoy!

26 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections

*smiling* maybe you underestimate yourself, Paul…perhaps it is second nature for you and so it goes unnoticed…;)
      thanks for joining in the reflection challenge! 🙂

1. philosophermouseofthehedge says:

Look at this guy – that smiling face – only there to make people smile – how can you throw that in the trash?- I always hate to see pumpkins dropped along the curb in the trash – atleast cover them up with a garbage bag! They gave everything to amuse! To just be tossed aside heartlessly…some lucky one get to slowly disappear as they melt into the shrubbery and flowerbed. A gentle passing. Oh Pumpkins!
    (Oh, sorry, got carried away like the pumpkins… The picture is really cute…you started it)

hahhheehha, Phil! I like that…”got carried away like the pumpkins…” 🙂

Maybe one day, instead of seeing these pumpkins used only for autumn decorations, they could be miraculously sent to places where they have food shortages and be used as nutritious food supply. *sigh*

As always, you bring good food for thought! 😉

2. munchow says:

This is a beautiful picture with such a lovely reflection. The increased contrast and the saturated colours enhances the Halloween feeling. By the way thanks for back reading my blog and all those wonderful comments you have spread all over. I really appreciate.

😉 My amateur photography skills, Otto, working itself unknown to my mind’s understanding of what is truly a good photograph except it looks good. Sort of like when someone asks why you like a certain outfit/shoes…the only reasonable answer is: “I don’t know, because it’s cute?!?” *sad…i know*

Having your valuable critique helps big time! Thanks!!

On your writings, sometimes the technical stuff goes by me but your articles on creativity and your latest, contemplative photography, is quite interesting. I am glad you opened up your share buttons…now more folks can enjoy your photography tips!! 😉

3. Arindam says:

This is a beautiful picture Sunshine. One of your best clicks for sure. And I love the quote equally. It’s meaningful. Honestly, I smile very less, so now I need to work on this. 🙂