My time is up. I must get on with the show.
Yup, you guessed it. …Time for the Blog of the Year 2012 Awards.
Let us get straight to the point. I love to sleep my life away. However, when a simply charming blogger comes your way, and one recently did, you must get all spiffy and looking fine–ya, know?
Many of you already know this darling of the blogosphere as none other than, Rommel from The Sophomore Slump.
YOWza!! If you have not read his Freshly Pressed: Rose Valley Falls in Ojai post, then grab your hat and run there! This is one visual hiking trip not to miss!
If the FPressed post is not enough…here is another neat thing I find irresistible about Rommel’s blogging style…it is his Featured Blogs page.
Oh, if anything, you have to, and I do mean have to, take a peek. He does not just list a blog roll like, ahem, the owner of this blog, *whispers owner’s name: sunshine*, but features a review of a blog site at the end of each post!
AMAZING! Check it out…
So, with great excitement and lots of bouncy-bouncy, I say THANK YOU to Rommel for bestowing this star collecting award to Simply Charming!
Be ready to be WOWed…
Oh, cruds. Sorry–okay, I so loath rules.
Hey, I am a Great Pyrenees and by nature we are stubborn and quite independent…but alright, here are the rules…
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award and include these ‘rules’ in your post
(please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
* * * *
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
Hot diggity, dog! Now you know the award rules, and coming in 2013, the Simply Charming Blog Site page will be under construction.
Yup, following in behind the Rommel Feature Blog style, the plan is to start slowly by featuring a review of a blog site at least once a month–hopefully more but do NOT hold your breath.
Since 2013 is dying to take center stage, why not start the Feature Blog Reviews now by starting with the nominees for this award.
Simply Charming Feature Blogs:
1. Angelswhisper2011: Although Angelswhisper and her helper, a cute little kitty named Little Binky, post occasionally, you can be sure the post will tickle you into whispering, oohh…awww…so cute…as you read about the adventures of Little Binky, for example, like this one: Out of Camouflage. Trying to find Little Binky in some of the photos will leave you smiling for sure!!
2. Darlene: Notes from Meme I met via the Weekly Writing Challenge: Mind the Gap: Animated GIFs where she honestly admits she was not abusing her husband during her creation of her own GIFs! Darlene is a grad student, a pastor’s wife, a mom, and a grandmother. If you are wondering what Meme stands for in her blog name, well, it’s because Darlene, being 42 years-young and a grandmother, she wanted a name besides “Granny” or “Gran.” It made her feel 20 years older than she was! So, she became Meme! Yeah!
WHEW! Time to wrap it up folks…THANK YOU ROMMEL!!
I’ll be back with the next five award stars and more feature bloggers, but first, it is time to take a nap!