Elections 2012: A Short Reflection…

Barack Obama and Michelle Obama

Barack Obama and Michelle Obama (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The elections of 2012 are finally over here in the United States. I have to admit it was getting to be quite depressing listening and reading people’s viewpoint on their opposing candidate.

The hardest views to take were the overly critical and hateful remarks spoken or written by people who supposedly live by some religious code. I will not reprint or quote any of these remarks because I prefer not to relive such appalling behavior.

I was hoping to see less hateful comments once the elections was over but no, the behavior still continues especially from the conservative camp.  *sigh*

Our re-elected President, Barack Obama once said:

“And I will do everything that I can as long as I am President of the United States to remind the American people that we are one nation under God, and we may call that God different names but we remain ONE nation.

I hope, and at least that is better than nothing, as civilized adults, we can somehow lay aside our differences, cut the amount of whining and complaining, and instead, change them into positive words and actions that help unite our nation into ONE and not a fighting and divided nation.

Finally, a reflective moment with Lord Jeffrey:

“The tendency to whining and complaining may be taken as the surest sign symptom of little souls and inferior intellects.”

Hmm, I wonder…as a nation, do we the American people live up to our name, UNITED STATES?

Nevertheless, congratulations to our newly re-elected President, Barack Obama.

30 thoughts on “Elections 2012: A Short Reflection…

1. angelswhisper2011 says:

Great point of view, Sunshine, people always complaining, it’s never good and never good enough. I loved Obama’s words, but it’s a pity some people think that they are different from another. I’m happy Obama won, I want to belong to one nation…*singing: I’m so in Love with you…*

I guess it is too much to ask for teamwork, Angelswhisper,…I just hope we do not ask our children to not whine and complain but go and take personal action to help solve the problems they whine about. Hehe…

I appreciate this very much, Sunshine, as I, too, have been put off and dismayed by the posts I’ve read–carping and hostile–from those who speak of Christ and love, yet seem lacking in His Grace. I confess I despair that we’ll ever be one nation united–there’s entirely too much egotism. Still, I pray–for mercy and wisdom, and peace. And I did read one post–nothing to do with politics–which was very helpful to me; the message was that we should not base our faith on people (how they speak and act), but in the faithfulness of GOD to keep His promises to His children. Therein, is my anchor. God bless you big! love, sis Caddo

Things usually have to be pretty in my face to get me ruffled about anything so when I say how sad it is to hear so called religious followers saying/writing such awful things about their opponent, you know exactly how depressing this can be. I just wish they can stop claiming to be religious and complain as secular folks then it would be easier to live with.
      Okay, enough whining from me…haha, i am turning the page now… 🙂

• Caddo Veil says:

Well, the argument will probably continue forever about whether religious folks should rightly be held to a higher standard than secular folks–it’s a popular view, however folks are still folks, regardless of which camp they pound their tent stakes in. Turning my page also.

I fear, Susan, it may take all the four years for things to settle down…guess we have stubborn streaks buried in deep.
      Sorry you had to listen to a bit of post election blues…
      thanks though for the the chat…always love that. 🙂

3. Carol Carlisle says:

United States what a novel idea. May it be so. I got through by just looking forward to Michell’s beautiful gown for the inauguration. Keep the Sunshine or Lightwords in my life 🙂

4. eof737 says:

Well said Sunshine! I am also saddened by the vitriol and fear-mongering that continues in some circles even after the American people voted and decided this election. May God bless and heal us all.

5. philosophermouseofthehedge says:

I have been appalled and dismayed by hateful comments from BOTH sides: those who call themselves religious – and those who call themselves enlightened and welcoming to diverse thought.
    What I really worry about after seeing this election is that the next one will be worse.
    Not seeing much “Let’s all sit down and respect each other, but still work together for the good of the country…..”
    What kind of person would even want to run for office facing all the nastiness?

6. island traveler says:

I agree. It’s time to stop whining and just move on. We all need to take part in building this nation. As for the elected officials may they stand firm with their words and take those long over due promises into actions. They owe it to those who believed in them..

So, now we have talk of states wanting to put out secession petitions…what next?!?
      aiyyyy!!

I am going to storm heaven with whining–just kidding–talking with the Divine to help our crazy country return to unity and love for our country.

Thanks, Island T.

7. Leanova Designs says:

When the elections were over, I read some of the worst hateful and racist comments that I never thought would ever exist 😦 I hope that in the next 4 years we will all be able to put our differences aside and work together for a better country.

8. lingeringvisions says:

Facebook and the internet have done this to us. Before we wouldn’t be in the same circle with people who spewed such hatred and they wouldn’t be as brave to speak these things out loud as they are to type them This election upset me also in much the same way. It’s nice to see I wasn’t alone.
    I knew I wasn’t but the reassurance makes me feel better. Thank you.
    (PS in case your interested I did a little piece on the election as well).