SUNDAY POST : Wonderful

This wonderful mother never fails to capture my heart…
The Pieta

The Pieta, the wonderful Renaissance masterpiece by Michelangelo, and commissioned for the French cardinal, Jean de Billheres. It is the only known art piece signed by the artist and carved from Carrara marble.

Pieta statue

A mother’s wounded heart permanently carved in stone.

Mother Teresa, another wonderful mother that never fails to inspire great works from us…

Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa -Photo credit: Wikipedia

“What I do you cannot do; but what you do, I cannot do.

The needs are great, and none of us, including me, ever do great things.

But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something WONDERFUL.”

* * *

Do you know of other wonderful mothers that made a positive impact in your own life?

* * *

Jakesprinter’s SUNDAY POST theme is Wonderful. Here are some wonderful contributors below: Enjoy!!

26 thoughts on “SUNDAY POST : Wonderful

1. eof737 says:

These are beautiful sculptures. I like that Mother Teresa one too. What a lovely surprise. 😉 Thank you for checking in during the Hurricane… your kind wishes were appreciated!

Ah, I think the mothers who are not famous that raise up wonderful children are truly what famous mothers,such as these two, would admit are the greatest of all. Blessings to your wonderful mother, Indira!! 🙂

Phil, you sure have a great mind…”how cold rock can produce such warmth…” this is so true!
      Thanks for pointing it out and yes, kindness is the place to start to make our planet a better place. I AGREE!!

Really beautiful, especially the Pieta–and the words are so lovely and meaningful too, the message that all of our small efforts together, add up to Wonderful. I like that! God bless you, Sunshine–love, sis Caddo

Whenever I come across the Pieta, it never fails to make me stop right where I am…and Philosopher Mouse commented appropriately:
      “Amazing how cold rock can produce such warmth…”
      Thank you, sis!

The miracle of life is definitely a subject to meditate on and cause to be ever so grateful…may all your days be a wonderful path to enlightenment. 🙂