Make It Quick Tonight: The Easy, “Can-Do” Cowboy Dish

Howdy! Tonight’s dinner is a cowboy’s healthy, yet tasty, dish. The dish is simple to prepare that even severely challenged chuck-wagon cooks can prepare and feel good about.

I call it the, Easy, “Can-Do” Cowboy Dish.

You start with simple garden vegetables. Whatever harvest happens to land on your cutting board, liberally select the amount you need; wash and begin. If need be, the grocery shop produce works just as well.

the garden harvest

Next, chop up the vegetables and fry in some oil. I love olive oil but use what you have in your kitchen.

cooking vegetables

An option that is necessary for meat eaters…sliced, smoked beef sausages, or your own personal meat favorites.  Mmm, this final touch, with a liberal sprinkle of the All Purpose Cavender’s Greek Seasoning and black pepper, is all you need, pardner.

sliced beef sausage

healthy cowboy dish

Voila! This healthy cowboy dish was simply done up by a much challenged chuck-wagon cook.

* * *

What is your favorite specialty dish that is super easy to prepare?

* * *

32 thoughts on “Make It Quick Tonight: The Easy, “Can-Do” Cowboy Dish

Hi Rarasaur! Oh, it is soooo easy and tasty…just use whatever you have on hand and change up the seasoning as well. See, quite adaptable too! Glad you stopped for a peek…:)

Vivian, I did not think about this being a child-friendly recipe, but now that you mention it, yes, excellent choice for children. Thank you for pointing this out. 🙂

I am happy you stopped in for a quick bite, Francine…you probably can elaborate and make it into a fancier dish–time permitting, of course. Thanks! 🙂

• Martha L Shaw says:

You’re welcome. I’m setting up a recipe page on my blog, which is brand new and this is already linked to it. I will be, once folks take to it and provide links to have featured, sort it “cookbook” style with links sorted by category. This one is sounding so yummy and if, like me, one has had a long day and is feeling mindless, this recipe is sure to please yet so simple to prepare! Thanks for sharing it.

A great idea, Martha, to have favorite recipe links…it is nice to have something easy to prepare after the mind has had enough for one day. I mean, seriously, a mind can take only so much input! haha, thanks again 😉

• Martha L Shaw says:

Thanks, I agree. If you ever decide you’d like to link a post over in my recipe page, just pop the link into the recipe page comment section and I’ll be sure and get it noticed. It’ll be great when I have enough links to sort things cookbook style.

Quite delicious for a mostly vegetable dish…and you can see, vegetables and me rarely see eye to eye. Haha!
      Hey Amira!! Glad you dropped in…always a pleasure when you do. 🙂

This sounds SO GOOD, Sunshine–and I’m starving! I wonder if I can find that Cavender’s Seasoning… Thanks for sharing with us! God bless you big–love, sis Caddo