Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette

Silhouette:  An outline or general shape of something …as defined by Dictionary.com…Silhouette, the Weekly Photo Challenge theme as it leads to a quiet moment on the lake:

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

~John Buchan

angler, alone, solitary, photograph, lake, fishing, nature, peaceful

Silhouette of a lone angler

The silhouette of a lone angler
On a chilly autumn afternoon
He knows and understands
That all too soon
His success in life will manifest
Because he applies both persistence and patience
Two key life principles forged out while fishing
–Now carried over into his prosperous career and loving family life.

* * *
Have you discovered key life principles from pursing a fun past time?

* * *

Well, I would like to recommend a few creative contributors to this week’s challenge but Zemanta seems to be “napping” at this time. I hope to update this at a later time. Thanks for you visit today!

37 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Silhouette

I continue to be pleasantly amazed when I come here, Sunshine! You make fishing sound spiritual, poetic, inviting–doable! God bless you BIG–love, sis Caddo

2. aj vosse says:

There’s many a lesson to be learned while doing that which we think to be a pastime… just think of the effects of blogging… on the soul and mind, of oneself and others!! 😉

3. Deepali says:

Awesome capture and such scrumptious words, Sunshine. Napping is my all time favorite too ..and am still in pursuit of it’s key life principals 🙂

How true your words are, Angelia, as we journey through life finding pieces about ourselves that hopefully finds us grateful and at peace. Thank you for your kind words…:)

4. Arindam says:

Beautiful picture, Sunshine. And I really mean. You have done a great work capturing this image. I have never ever came across someone interpreting fishing in such a meaningful manner. Loved this post. Have a great week, Sunshine. 🙂

Hey Arindam! Now it’s my turn to say: “I need to visit with you soon!!”

Thank you for your kind words…something very peaceful and reflective about watching fishing folks over at the lake. Some have great patience just standing around waiting for the big bite that sometimes does not happen! I’m always amazed. I would be like throwing my pole on the ground and stomping away muttering awful things like, “stupid fishes!” hahahhaa…

FRIDAY!!! YAY!! have a good one, Arindam! 🙂

5. pencil pilot says:

Love your post. Beautiful picture…and my persistence and patience (which has been wearing thin lately) was bolstered at the words. Your posts are drawing me back to WordPress and I feel the tug to get back on board and get writing…I’m grateful. Very nice job on this post! ~

There you are.PPoint..welcome back! Thanks for visiting with the fisher person…did you check out the Daily Prompt over at WordPress? Perhaps it can help inspire you to return to your blog writing.
      Have a wonderful weekend!! 🙂

I think growing plants takes GREAT persistence and LOTS and LOTS of patience, Deanna….I admire your dedication and love for raising plants, especially the nutritional herbs. My only skills when it comes to growing plants–except so far, cactus–is crippling them. *sigh*
      So glad you stopped in for a chat…thanks! 🙂

6. island traveler says:

A beautiful silhouette that all of us should have, “His success in life will manifest
    Because he applies both persistence and patience
    Two key life principles forged out while fishing
    –Now carried over into his prosperous career and loving family life.” Love the post!

I had thoughts about you and your family, Island T. — I can see you as that fisherman as you are bringing persistence and patience over while raising up your family. 🙂

Thanks for the inspiration… 🙂