Here is a short ballad about a woman gone mad.
It happened because she fell in love with Cigam, the terrible nomad.
Molly, the charming sheriff’s wife
Found forbidden pleasures that altered her good life.
No one could resist seductions from Cigum’s evil heart-light
An encounter Molly succumbed to while tripping in a house of fright
Bravely, the sheriff attempted protection to his Molly with a KA-BAR knife
But Halloween disabled his knife’s function and evil became Molly’s nightlife.
Molly now spends all her time drinking Cigum’s flowing poison
Contemplating how to rid of her lawman that keeps her idly frozen
For she desperately longs to live among the living dead
To be united with Cigum, the terrible nomad, and all his beautiful lunkheads.
This ends the short ballad about a woman gone mad.
Every year Cigum’s world grows stronger; soon the sinister world will be ONE!
For here lies the sheriff, his wife Molly and god knows who
Now, how eager are you to decorate and do up that haunted house for us to view?
* * * Reflections for, Weekly Writing Challenge: And Now For Something Completely Different:
>At the end of your post, take a minute to reflect on the experience of creating it. Was it easier than you thought? Harder? Did you learn anything useful? Will you incorporate the new style into your repertoire? Would you try this exercise again with a different style?<
Creating this ballad was harder than I thought because the Halloween/evil theme is not my usual subjects I like to write about. In addition, I learned that ballads have certain rhyming patterns like: AABB, ABAB, or ABCB.
Will I incorporate this new style into my repertoire? YES, and would like to try this exercise using a different style. Thanks!
Now, check below some wonderful and talented contributors to this challenge:
- Weekly Writing Challenge, Kathryn’s Dream (randomsays.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: And Now For Something Completely Different (amaltaas.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge, Oct. 08,2012 – Parkinson’s Disease and Life (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: And Now For Something Completely Different (sousetoiles.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: Double Standards and Hypocrisy (itlnbrt.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge- Something Completely Different (soumyav.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: I Don’t Wanna Be A Stupid Girl (hippiecahier.com)
- Weekly Writing Challenge: And Now For Something Completely Different (dailypost.wordpress.com)