A head of fresh, crisp lettuce leaves…oh, I know, lettuce, not really thought of as traditional foliage but a cluster of leaves, nevertheless…
…fresh green cluster of lettuce leaves just a waiting to nourish the next diner with a great source of Vitamin A and potassium…
The lettuce, an annual plant and grown as a leaf vegetable as far back as 2680 BC by ancient Egyptians, soon spread over to Greece and Rome. These ancient cultures believed the lettuce promoted love and childbearing in women.
Finally, some find snacking on a leafy lettuce leaf prior to bedtime the ideal nightcap…
As you can see my choice of foliage is way off and technically not correct but I just could not resist showing you my kitty eating her lettuce leaf. Her favorite is the Red lettuce but unfortunately, only the Iceberg lettuce was on sale this week…haha!
So, what is your favorite type of lettuce?
* * *
Join up with Ailsa every week as she hosts the Travel theme: This week’s theme is Foliage.
Check out the more traditional and correct versions of foliage by these creative contributors below:
- Travel Theme: Foliage (rfljenksy.wordpress.com)
- travel theme: foliage (starlight427.wordpress.com)
- travel theme: foliage (alwaysbobswife.wordpress.com)
- The Autumn Leaves… Fabulous Foliage (theretiringsort.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage (ahecticlife.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme;Foliage (annarashbrook.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage (breathofgreenair.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage (adventuresweseek.com)
- Travel Theme: Foliage (windagainstcurrent.com)