Travel theme: Texture | Man Imitates Nature

Walking on nature trails is not only good physical exercise but also a great opportunity to look for ways man has copied a texture design from nature.

For example, on a recent nature walk, I found a tender, soft texture blanket of green moss draping its simple beauty across the path where deer, raccoons, scorpions and snakes normally dwell in harmony. Hmm, this moss looks a bit like seaweed…what do you think?

moss, nature, plant, green, soft, texture

Anyway, I think man’s imitation of the nature’s moss is no other than the textured floor covering called the carpet. The popular floor carpet is everywhere, not only in our homes; but also in office spaces and even on walls to sound proof a room!

My toes prefer to sink themselves into yards of soft, plush textured carpet…ahhh…

Where do your wriggily toes like to hang out?

Perhaps on wooden floors, maybe tap dancing on stone or simply unwinding on luxurious plush carpet?

* * *

If you are looking to be inspired and encouraged, why not try Ailsa’s weekly Travel theme: this week’s theme is Texture. Check out a few creative contributors below:

22 thoughts on “Travel theme: Texture | Man Imitates Nature

Beautiful, Marilyn! Thanks for reminding me about the “bare” necessities and I miss walking barefoot through lush grass…now we have too many stickers and bad-A** stinging insects so I completely forgot this lost art.
      Thanks for the reminder! 🙂

1. utesmile says:

I love moss, so soft, My children and me made a house once in a forest out of sticks, twigs, cones, leaves and moss as carpet, it was delightful and beautiful.
    Also though I love tap dancing on wooden floors. 🙂

OOOH, Utesmile, your forest house sounds like something fairies could live in! I love it!
      Thanks for bringing this beautiful imagery and entertaining us with your energetic tap dancing! 🙂

2. fgassette says:

I love this photo of the moss. It reminds me of a soft blanket that I wrap myself with on cold nights in front of the TV. Thanks for the pingback and listing my blog.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

I Love the photo, Sunshine–moss as seaweed, great texture and design. I go barefoot in the house all year round, and would love luxurious carpet–however, we have something that is, at best, “office floor” carpeting–pathetic!

4. Arindam says:

My toes love to feel the open air and coolness of floor. The only time I do not enjoy barefoot is when I walk on sands that to be on sunny days. 🙂 This photo of moss reminded me of my own home. There is one portion in my home, which was built by my grandfather. Now parts of its walls are covered with these kinds of mosses.

Arindam, you have a “vintage” home…how nice and rustic that must be! Did you take some photos to keep for memory especially since your grandfather built it?

Oh, and yea, walking on sizzling hot sands would be a real pain…i agree totally. ;(
      Thanks for sharing!!! 🙂

5. angelswhisper2011 says:

The moss photo is very beautiful and looks very soft, as moss is, and I would like to put my feet on it, but my feet don’t like it. They like slippers, because I cannot walk anymore without shoes, so I put my slippers on 🙂