Morning Mantra: I WILL OWN THIS DAY!

Mornings, by definition, are the time between “midnight and noon, especially sunrise to noon.”  Sometimes I find it hard to work my mornings when all the garbage and filth from days, or maybe even years, muddles up my thoughts.

You know the tired feeling that sits with you even before you get yourself out of bed. It seems immediately negative voices in your head begin to bicker and whine. Mine sounds a bit like this:

“Why do I have to go to work today, why can’t I just stay home, why is my place looking like a nuclear bomb just hit it, why do I have to cook dinner, why do I already have a headache, why are all the animals around here so, so needy, why should I live on a budget, why is my neighbors’ dog using my yard to do his business!”

Why, oh, why!!!

Help me out big he-man, John Wayne…I can almost hear his slow drawl as he hollers out,

“There’s a lot of things GREAT about LIFE. But I think tomorrow is the most important thing. Comes to us at midnight very clean, ya know. It’s PERFECT when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands, it HOPES we have learned something from yesterday.”

Sweet! Learning to arise in the morning with a clear head takes a conscious effort. Perhaps watching John Wayne movies may help motivate the “can-do” spirit within me along with daily morning meditations.

So, look out, early morning “blahs,“ for the powerful chain saw I call meditation is revving up and aims to bring down all those apathetic energies.

Be gone with you, all negative morning mantras like, “My life sucks” and “I feel like crap!”

Hey, if you want to join in on my new morning mantra, all you need to do is shout out every morning:

“I WILL OWN THIS DAY!”

morning, mantra,own, black bird, nature, sunday post, self-help, inspiration

“He is rich who owns the day, and no one owns the day who allows it to be invaded with fret and anxiety…”

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

***
Ya, got a positive morning mantra to share, partner?
***

Every week, Jakesprinter hosts the SUNDAY POST: With this week’s theme being, Morning. If you are looking for inspiration and encouragement, I urge you to join in this community and share your creative works. Hope to see you soon!

Check out the latest Sunday Post contributors to this week’s theme and own it!

28 thoughts on “Morning Mantra: I WILL OWN THIS DAY!

This is a Really FINE post, Sunshine–I thoroughly enjoyed it; the “real”, the humor, the excellent morning mantra, even the John Wayne bit, and the blackbird. My mantra is something like this: “The Lord is sovereign over this day. Nothing about it will be a surprise to Him, and thus, there’s nothing He and I can’t handle together”. May He bless your Monday, Big! love, sis Caddo

• Caddo Veil says:

PS–If we participate in Jake’s challenge, does the photo have to be one we’ve taken, ourselves? I checked his blog for the rules, and don’t see this addressed specifically. I might be interested, but I have NO photos or ability to take them, so this might be a no-go for me…

Caddo, you would find the host, Jake simply wonderful for his weekly challenge is user friendly! Yay!!

You just create your interpretation of the weekly theme…you don’t need photos or images if that is your thing. In the past, I have used images I found in Zemanta and other times, when running behind in life, I just wrote something…and you don’t have to post it on Sunday. It is low stress!!!

I think you would be a great contributor…hope to see you in the mix! 😉

• Caddo Veil says:

Okay, nudged by you, I joined (at least for this week)–but I’ve alerted Jake that I’m having technical dweeb issues (can’t get the freaking badge into the widget, though it’s on the post–I did Cee’s, so I must have known how to do this once….argghh). Thanks for the encouragement to try something new–THAT is a gift! love, sis Caddo

Yeehaw!!! Fantastic sis, and besides the widget fail, Jake makes it easy, yet inspiring weekly challenge, no?

I’m slowly catching up with everything so hope to run over to your place to check it out…see ya! 🙂 and thanks!

I LOVE your morning mantra, sis…it puts life in the right perspective. Thanks for highlighting where our focus should be every morning…walking in His footsteps.

GOOD MORNING it is!! 😉

2. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin says:

Oh, I hate that kind of waking up…I have found if I just get myself out of bed…open up my
    windows…let the sunshine in…and take a look outside …my mind will clear and my thoughts improve…Enjoy the morning sights, smells and noises…Can be quite calming…~mkg

3. Arindam says:

I am already sounding your mantra, “I will own this day” and let me tell you, I am going to do the same thing tomorrow also. 🙂
    As you’ve written, yes we all ask these questions staring with whys to ourselves. Sometimes I ask, Why this happens to me; sometimes I ask Why I am the one? why no one else? ; But as you very rightly said these are never ending questions; at the end of the day we all want to rule the next day coming our way.
    Great post Sunshine!!

4. Cedric de Alicoque says:

I have a mantra that I use… and use and use, depending on the need. Please allow me to share it with you (all): “All is well, everything is working out for my highest good, and out of this situation only good will come. I am safe”

Thank you for stopping by at my other place 🙂

WOW, Cedric, that is a GREAT mantra…I am going to incorporate it not only in the mornings but like you said, when needed. 😉

BTW, I meant to press the follow over at your other place but I fear I got distracted and failed to do so. Dang it, I hate when that happens!!

Okay, see ya, and thanks!!