“Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for…
Forgotten by everybody, I think that is much greater hunger,
A much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.”
Her charitable legacy is known world-wide as her insightful thoughts…here are just a few of her heart thoughts…
“Lead me from death to life,
From falsehood to truth.
Lead me from despair to hope,
From fear to truth.
Lead me from hate to love,
From war to peace.
Let peace fill our hearts,
Our world our universe
Peace peace peace.”
“Be happy in the moment, that’s enough.
Each moment is all we need, not more.
Be happy now and if you show through your actions that you love others, including those who are poorer than you are, you will give them happiness, too.
It does not take much–it can be just giving a smile.
The world would be a much better place if everyone smiled more
So smile, be cheerful, and be joyous that God loves you.”
In honor of the amazing Mother Teresa, also known as the Saint-of-the-Gutters, may she rest in peace.
August 27, 1910–September 5, 1997
I hope you enjoyed the few words from this amazing mother and I wish you abundant happiness and peace today.
Do you have a favorite memory about Mother Teresa?
- Remembering Mother Teresa (ewehouse.wordpress.com)
- Mother Teresa (divinelightblog.wordpress.com)
- A Simple Path (arlene1956.wordpress.com)
- Share Your Love and Light with Others (fromheart2soul.com)
- thought of the Day 8.26.12 Mother Theresa (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Great True Story – New Book in the Ready (buddhapressblog.wordpress.com)
- Me, Nana, Mother Teresa and the Dalai Lama (cauldronsandcupcakes.com)