What Does Love Look Like?

Saint Augustine once wrote, “What does love look like?”

postaday,love,beauty,flowers,gift

~Love must look like the freshness and beauty found in the surprise gift of a vase full of flowers. Pretty, but more realistically, love probably looks less showy and ever bit more practical.

Augustine continued, “What does love look like…?

It has the hands to help others.
It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy.
It has eyes to see misery and want.
It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men…”

~In our silence you can hear the agonizing cries from those deeply hurt by life’s burdens–you listen with sadness and wonder what you can do with so many broken-hearted souls humiliated especially when their wound comes from love not felt or love torn away.

In love…
~We cry with them
~We spend time with them
~We listen and hold them close in our thoughts
~We love unconditionally…

“That is what love looks like.” ~St. Augustine

In order to see love, occasionally we need our silence to hear love calling out to us and a plea to heaven: God, give me your eyes…for just a second.

***
What does love look like to you?

***

24 thoughts on “What Does Love Look Like?

WOW, Sunshine–this is heavy duty stuff; beautiful and deeply moving. Makes me wonder if I have not been silent enough. And surely, I pray that God would lend me His eyes, that I might glimpse what He would have me see. Beautiful, Sis–I’m really enjoying the St Austine messages. God bless you so abundantly–love, sis Caddo

Augustine…he tapped well into the Divine wisdom and it will take my entire lifetime to learn a fraction of his profound thoughts on Love.
      I am delighted you find Augustine an inspiration. Blessings!

2. pencil pilot says:

Very nice, Sunshine. I so appreciated this, especially today. I wouldn’t have heard the Brandon Heath song without your post. Now I can share with my friends. And they’ll share with their friends. And so on. And so on. Changes happen one person, one love outreach, at a time. Thank you for your posts.

Hey Pencilpilot! Oh, Brandon Heath, awesome…only way to describe his ministry. Thanks for listening in and your kind words…I’m drinking it in! Lol! 😉

Sad to say, Marilyn, sometimes fear holds us back when it comes down to helping those really down and out–their unkept presence for one thing…I am guilty of that.
      thanks for sharing. 🙂

Hello Philo Mouse…thank you for coming by and checking it out. There are no words that could describe the magnitude of greatness that is Augustine!
      In gratitude I wish you peace… ❤

3. angelswhisper2011 says:

Love for me is lend a helping hand, kindness, to lend an ear, trust, comfort, to be there for each other, a friendly word, a pat on the back and honesty. I think with this we’ll come half way, I guess love is so much more. Have a lovely weekend, Sunshine 🙂

Lending a helping hand, be a listener and a trustworthy, faithful, honest and comforting person is the look of love, Angelswhisper. You describe love beautifully. Thank you.

Have a great weekend yourself–pats for Little Binky! 😉