SUNDAY POST : Black & White

Here is my black and white on the Kangaroo…

kangaroo, sunday post, Jakesprinter, animal, marsupial,australia,
Marsupial
Has large powerful hind legs so do not go messing with them!
Nocturnal
They call Australia and New Guinea their homeland and can live up to six years in the wild
Shy
Able to hop @ 40 miles per hour and go over 30 feet in one hop!
Male kangaroos are sometimes called bucks, boomer, jack
Female kangaroos are known as doe, flyer, roo or jill
Baby roo, also known as  joey
Got a group of roos? Then you have a mob.
There are 47 species of roos.

***

Do you remember Kanga from the Winnie the Pooh books by A. A. Milne

***

Join in the fun every week with Jakesprinter’s SUNDAY POST :This week’s theme is  Black & White.

32 thoughts on “SUNDAY POST : Black & White

• Long Life Cats and Dogs says:

Sorry for the late reply – just seen it – tut, tut. Yip, the Springbok are smaller than the Kangaroo but even if they were the same size, I still think the roo would beat the bok in the jumping department – maybe not directly upwards but certainly in distance.

Oh, no worries, Susan…life goes down easy around here.

It seems the Kangaroo is also better known than the Springbok…thanks for sharing about the lesser known, (to me) Springbok. 😉

1. munchow says:

A fun post! And kangaroos are quite amazing animals. I don’t know Kanga since I never really read Winnie the Pooh. But I remember the old TV-series Skippy!

Hi Otto! Lol, Kanga was the mom kangaroo to baby Roo! Cute stories, the Pooh series…hmm, Skippy sounds like a fun show…will have to check online…thanks for hoppin in today! 🙂

• Marianne says:

When I visited Australia for the first time – I wanted to go up to a kangaroo and say “What´s that Skip?” – just like they used to do in the old TV- series Skippy. I got the chance to do it too, at an animal sanctuary. Yaay for Skippy, the bush Kangaroo!

2. Arindam says:

Nice picture Sunshine. I was aware of the first part of info you have shared here, but I had no idea what their male and female versions are called! 🙂

Hey, Arindam! Oh, glad I shared something new for you about the kangaroos…I did not know a few names myself! LOL!
      Glad you jumped on over…thanks! 🙂

Hello Marianne, from sunny Spain! I also was clueless about the 47 species of kangas…so much for a well-rounded education! 🙂
      Thanks for hopping in and sharing…;)