Never Be Afraid to Sit Awhile…

“Never be afraid to sit awhile and think.”~Lorraine Hansberry

Every so often, I get very serious and think on ways I can make a positive difference in this world. Today I sat down floated and thought out a few short-term goals for myself. Check it out:

1. Dual CitizenshipI need to apply for one

English: Yesterday my daughter Marta asked me ...

Whatever floats your boat!! Photo is made with the Free Software Gimp –Photo credit: Wikipedia

The first thing on my list would be to have dual citizenship as an ordinary human during the day, and have super power capabilities at night, or whenever my super powers can help fight injustice. I plan to activate this duality within the next three months and will be asking for at least two essential super power points:

1. be able to fly about much like Tinker Bell or Superman and
2. have a fantastic fitted outfit when I am in my super power mode.

2. Partnership: This is so necessary.

I will be meeting my partner any day now, and he would be either Eduardo or Fernando. I cannot decide at this moment what name I like better. What do you think? Eduardo or Fernando?

I mean, like, Eduardo is a name one could fall in love with as it sounds a bit exotic to me.

Sweet Eduardo. Hmm, just to have the name, Eduardo, slide across my tongue and to hear the name Eduardo drift melodically pass my ears, brings me to a quiet spot within myself and I believe I can handle any fight scenes with a sweet Eduardo by my side.

But then there is Fernando, who has a song sung by Abba, “Can you hear the drums, Fernando? I can see it in your eyes how proud you were to fight for freedom in this land…” Oh, Fernando, maybe I should take Eduardo “since many years I haven’t seen a rifle in your hand…Fernando?”

You will not mind, no, if I pick Eduardo?

Good, Sweet Eduardo and I will become the next Brangelina, aka Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie…aka. Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

3. Eradicating injustices: Someone has to do the dirty jobs

There is nothing too big my sweet Eduardo and I cannot fix. So, by day you can see us working quietly as staff librarians over at the Metropolitan Library, however, at night, I warn you, if you look up the sky in about three months, you may catch this dual couple flying the skies in search of the next 911 distress call.

“Is it a bird, is it a plane, nooo, it is the crazy flying wannabe be crime fighter couple!”

Seriously, what short-term goal can you think of that would bring a positive difference in this world?

16 thoughts on “Never Be Afraid to Sit Awhile…

Susan, you are so right…I completely forgot to request Ninja fighting skills!! Haha, good thing you brought it up…now, let me check on that partner of mine and see how much Rambo skills he is packing. 🙂 LOL!!

I like your style, Angelswhisper…go for Eduardo but take Fernando if he comes by. Hey, not a bad idea, the fighting crime trio!! 🙂
      Your goal is A+ in my books too. Glad you flew in!

1. Eryn Wong says:

Sunshine, how nice it would be if you succeed in getting your dual citizenship… Then you can spread the love around and throw all the bad guys out of our universe. Perhaps you can go check out on Mars and snap us some pictures to save Curiosity a lot of work… You can also deactivate all weapon of massive destruction, distribute food to less privilege area, feed malnourished children, endorse for world peace campaign and be the greatest of humankind!!!! Yay~ You Go Sunshine!!

In three months…goals activated and ready to do some serious damage to the bad guys, Eryn! LOL!
      When I saw the floating photo, it so reminded me of you! 🙂
      Glad you floated in today 🙂

This is fun, and way good, Sunshine–I’m imagining you with little Lights sewn into your costume, okay, like twinkle Christmas lights?! So I won’t confuse you with somethin’ else. My short term goal?–to get over myself, really! God bless you Big–love, sis Caddo

Oh, sis, little lights sewn in the costume would be excellent and serve as head lights if ever I need to fly at night. Haha!
      Well, short term goal should be easy to reach, Caddo,…just jump way up high…that is the way to do it! 🙂
      See ya!

3. Monica says:

I really just wanted to tell you how much I love your views on life and how often you challenge my perspective. When I first read “dual citizenship” I immediately thought about how much I want to live in Italy and then I read your post and just loved it! Of course, I think I would have chosen Fernando but Eduardo sounds wonderful too.

Thank you so much, Monica, for your kind words. Hehe, I really love both names but the Abba song about Fernando kept coming up in my head. Lol!
      I appreciate you coming over and sharing your thoughts. Thank you!!

4. eof737 says:

Fabulous Fernando is my pick and why do you need dual citizenship again? I have it and it hasn’t made an iota of difference in my life… Maybe I need to meet Fernando! just saying…. 😆

5. Arindam says:

Sunshine best wishes to you on your goals. I hope you are going achieve them in next three months. 🙂 By the way I do not like either of these names as your partner; I hope you have to come up with something different. 🙂 LOL

Be sure to look in the skies, Arindam, haha, oh, dear, but not with Fernando or Eduardo?? *eeek!!*
      Okay, I will go back to the stars and find out other names…lol! Cannot fight crime without my partner!?! 😉
      🙂