Weekly Photo Challenge: Growth–Young Readers

Throughout a child’s early life , we measure and compare other children to each other using both the height and weight growth charts. Monitoring physical growth is important but so is the ability to read the written word.

reading,charming moments,Post a day 2012,love,reader,growth,

Reading is a key to future success.

In order to grow into the habit of being a passionate reader, good examples early in life can help make lifelong passionate readers.

A few examples if you directly have influence on a young child are:

1. Love to read. You are the example and you must love to read.
2. Surround them with great children books and that way you can pass on your enthusiasm.
3. Read aloud often. The written word becomes alive as you read aloud.

Other examples that help the growth of a reader is, if available, visiting the public libraries, going to used book sales and visiting bookstores in your area.

Therefore, we measure the growth of child in many areas, but an important area that helps to bring future success a bit easier for a child is the ability to read well. We should measure the growth of this ability with as much enthusiasm as we do a child’s height and weight.

****
Do you believe the growth of a young reader is as important as a child’s height and weight?
****

If you are looking for inspiration and a challenge, why not join the community of Weekly Photo Challenge: Growth. You will find a new theme every week to challenge your creative self and more importantly, lots of amazing creative works by very creative bloggers! See ya!

24 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Growth–Young Readers

1. island traveler says:

Great reading advices. We are our children’s role models. We’ve been visiting the library at least twice a month for the past 2 years. My son just loves reading. It’s a joy seeing him so enthusiastic about it. Beautiful post.

I remember going to the library at a very early age and because it was a consistent thing growing up, I am now an avid library junkie patron. Keep it up with your son and he will never forget this great experience…
      My thanks again…

2. autumninbruges says:

Great post 🙂 and the answer to your question is yes! Growing a young reader is as important as height or weight, maybe even more! Thanks for the pingback

Okay, yay and thanks, Autumninbrudges, for the support for growing young readers as important, if not more than all the other things we chart so religiously.
      I am happy to have you on board! Thanks for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts…:)

I absolutely believe Reading is as important as nutritional food for healthy growth. I would not have survived my early years, had I not been a good and hungry reader of books!! God bless you today, Sunshine! (See, I can be brief on occasion!) love, sis Caddo

4. allthingsboys says:

So true…Even as my boys got older they would beg me to read to them–well after they could read themselves. And not just at night, during the afternoons as well. They all now LOVE to read. Great post!

Lol, Angelswhisper, the little girl comes to the daycare and she is a little reader at her tender young age. I love to see young readers…so sad when some only know computer and x-box games.
      Have a wonderful day…:)

5. Angelia Sims says:

I don’t get to read as often as I’d like, but you are right, growing readers is so important. A love of books is a wonderful thing. My sister was a reader and I took after her.

I totally understand, Angelia, not having the luxury to read ALL the books that charmingly jump out at us, screaming, “read me, read me!” Having a home filled with books is a start and so rare these days…thanks for sharing your love for the written word. 🙂