Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple

Lay it out in lavender…the beautiful pale purple flower that grows abundantly without asking for much care except a bit of sunlight, water and occasionally fertilizer. I am so grateful to have lavender thriving in the yard.

lavender, weekly photo challenge, nature,flower,relaxation,photograph,in control, 2012, life

This week with Jenny Joseph:

“When I am an old woman I shall wear PURPLE
With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.”

This sounds like the perfect old woman I plan to strive for. Ha! Cheers!

Hurry over to the Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple and check out all the wonderful contributors to this week’s theme: PURPLE.

****

How does the color PURPLE play out in your life?

****

12 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Purple

1. angelswhisper2011 says:

I love the colour purple, everything around me was almost purple, or lavender coloured. I upholstered my dinette into purple with rose, this colour gives me a deep spiritual connection of my feelings. Only since a few years my eyes go into another colour direction, actually magenta, but purple also still lives on 🙂

You are right, Angelswhisper, in that color affects our daily moods and your purple with rose I imagine brings much calm and comfort to all who share your decorating color choice. I love your application of the color purple in your home…sounds beautiful. 🙂 Thanks!

2. Angelia Sims says:

I love Lavender and it smells soooo good! My youngest stepdaughter LOVES purple. I have no doubt, she will be in the red-hat club one day. 🙂 Purple reminds me of her.

Your stepdaughter, Angelia, is walking with royalty with her love of purple–we should crown her princess of the beautiful purple world. Lol!
      The lavender aroma is wonderfully unique and I love how it calms and soothes after a stress filled day.
      Thanks for sharing a bit of your ‘purple’ world… 😉

3. amira says:

I am not too much of a purple crazy person. but I liked your quote 🙂
    guess purple with a red hat would look rather eye catching 😉

We have a group of senior ladies who go on outings together, like the theater, and they all wear red hats. I’m not sure if they wear purple but everyone calls them the red hat ladies.
      They are cute.

I totally agree with you, sis…any plant that can take care of itself, more or less, is a plant I can truly love and appreciate. 😉
      May your week be filled with the peace and beautiful fragrance of the Divine and of course, lavender…:)

4. Arindam says:

Sunshine, I too love Lavender, but I can’t find it in a large number in our part of world. Still I enjoy it’s fragrance. Thanks for sharing your interpretation of this color.

Ahh, a universal flower indeed! The fragrance of lavender is very soothing and calming, Arindam and good thing for bottled lavender sprays. 🙂
      My thanks to you for sharing in the conversation…see ya!