A Collectible that R-O-C-K-S!

Sometimes one can find God unexpectedly in one of nature’s collectible items such as in a simple rock:

“I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from Him.
rock,God,sunday post,collectible,photograph,nature,collection,blogging
He alone is my ROCK and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken.”
~Psalm 62: 1-2

It is easy to start a simple rock collection. Usually, a few steps outside will have you stumbling over a few, if not many, various rocks of different sizes and shapes. It is easier to find rocks living in country towns where dirt roads are as common as paved sidewalks are to big city towns, but, if one looks long and hard enough, rocks can be uncovered in the least expected places.

Heck, the easiest would be to go buy yourself a rock collection.

Now, once your rock collection starts to take off, finding ways to display your collection is also easy. For example, by adding a few river rocks to a simple prayer/meditation table it can help visualize the fortress, the Divine One made visible; the ROCK of safety, ready to shelter and protect during any earth shattering life storms.

sunday post, collectible,rocks,God,meditation,prayer,writing,blogging,inspiration

Other people have used their rock collections for hot/cold stone massage, as decorative pieces in their rock garden and one woman I know fills her guest bathroom sink with small rocks she picked up over in the garden supply. Washing your hands over rocks brings a bubbling brook right into your own home!

So, rocks, as a collectible, can be an economical, practical and best of all, spiritually inspiring for those looking for a “solid” way to build a collection that R-O-C-K-S!

***

Do you have a favorite collectible that simply rocks your world?

****

Find weekly inspiration over at Jakesprinter, SUNDAY POST : Collectibles.

18 thoughts on “A Collectible that R-O-C-K-S!

1. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin says:

I have a a pretty little fountain sitting on a table in my living room…I have placed rocks that I have found in various places at it’s base where the water can tumble over them…a little bit of nature inside…and it brings a peacefulness when turned on…so I do understad your love of “The Rock”…

Oh, I had one of those rock fountains up until last year when it decided to take a forever vacation and it rocked itself out of my life–the motor must have
      burned itself out. *sigh*
      I forgot about the actor who calls himself “The Rock!” Haha…oh, he is the handsome rock! 🙂

Happy you shared your rock fountain, Marilyn.

2. Eryn Wong says:

Sunshine! I just wanna tell you that your blog’s new outlook is fantastic! Nice to see that you are getting really “PRO” in the blogsphere. Hehe… Have a good day!

Well, you see, since we have no shopping malls close by, the next best thing is shopping over at Themes–WordPress style!
      Alas, like mall shopping, one has to use warrior style self control or bust! Lol!
      I did have a great day…thank you. 🙂

Okay, so now I’m thinking maybe your posts aren’t going to my Reader??? (And some people have duplicate posts on there–what is up with WP??) Since, no way can I get this behind with you. Anyhoo–I love OUR Solid Rock, Jesus!!! Yeah-boy, you know I do!! And I really really love the suggestion to put little rocks in the sink for a bubbling brook illusion. To answer your question, I collect sea shells and anything with a sea/ocean motif–my bathroom is all about the seashore, especially the shower curtain. God bless you BIG! love, sis Caddo

Hmm, did you try unfollow and then follow again? I rarely use my WP reader since I have all my subscribers over at Google Reader so I am not sure why the duplicates and mine not showing up…strange.
      Sea shells are great to collect, sis. I do have a few but nothing major. I think the bathroom is a great place for a shell collection…it makes one feel like they are at the beach and how awesome is that??
      Hope the reader thing gets fixed. Big blessings to you, too!

4. angelswhisper2011 says:

I have different kinds of rocks, like crystals, turquoise, amethist a.s.o. My rose quartz is in a form of an angel, that’s my favourite rock. Oh, and I love rock music. Have a great weekend, Sunshine 🙂

Your rose quartz sounds beautiful, Angelswhisper…you will have to do a post on that one. 🙂
      Ha, rock music, Y-E-S!! Good one. 😉
      Thanks, and you have a relaxing weekend too!