Why Picking the Right Car Color is Important

“The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good, on YOU!”
~Coco Chanel

color,white,weekly image of life,car color,photograph,blog,fastidiousI drive around a white car. Before that, I drove a red car and it would have been white had I the time to wait around for the perfect ‘used’ white car to show up. The car before the red car, however, was white.

As you can see, white is my preferred vehicle color.

I know it seems as if I go through many cars in such a short time but not really. You see, many of the cars I buy, are what I call, “throwaways,” you know, left behind for the newer, more improved car models, uh, very similar to some people who get up one morning and leave a relationship–some with little ones sitting at the breakfast table– for the, younger, more hip relationship. However, we are not going there today.

Today we are focusing on color, “the one that looks good, on YOU!”

For me, driving white vehicles looks good on me. I mean, the color white gives a great illusion of looking cleaner than say, a black car; hides dents and scratches better and makes me think the interior of the car is cooler during a middle of a summer heat wave. It may all be in my imagination…who knows?

Guess what? I just found out that my white car obsession is a sure sign that I am very FASTIDIOUS and according to the dictionary that means, “very attentive to or concerned about accuracy and detail.” It also could mean, “very concerned about matters off cleanliness.”

Darn, just because of a white car obsession, it could show that a person’s personality is choosy, particular and squeamish. Oh, well, at least dainty and nice are two other synonyms for being fastidious; that is not a bad thing, eh?

Therefore, the color(s) you choose or would choose if you owned a car can show your true inner side.

Hey, did I just see you leave a smudge on my car window??

***

What car color accurately describes you?

See what the color of the vehicle you drive says about you by Leatrice Eiseman, CMG

***

Looking for inspiration? Color your world this week with Island Traveler’s Weekly Image Of Life: Colors.

21 thoughts on “Why Picking the Right Car Color is Important

1. Arindam says:

Wow Sunshine I love cars although I do not own one of my own yet 🙂 and when someone writes about cars, it always brings a smile on my face. So thank you for today’s smile. But does really choice of colors reflects personality? My choice would be a Red car. What does my red car obsession signifies about my personality? 🙂

I thought I saw your smiles over at your place today, Arindam…:) and well, now, it depends on what kind of RED car you are thinking about.
      If you like the ‘vibrant’ super red kind of car–and I can picture you in one–that means you tend to be:
      Sexy, speedy, high-energy, dynamic.
      🙂
      But if you are liking a more burgundy or blue-red kind of car, ‘you give a similar message, but it’s far less obvious.’

I think you would look good in the vibrant red car. Lol! 🙂

Well, it’s a long story (as usual), but I never intended to drive–and I don’t, but before that was a written-in-concrete decision, I was quite taken by the early Mustangs. So, somewhere around 1962, they came out with a color called “Powder Blue” (I think)–and that’s what I wanted, if I was going to drive a car, which I didn’t (for more than a matter of hours). How hilarious that “blue” signifies “calm”. Maybe I was subconsciously hoping the car’s color would soothe and smooth out my hysterical/anxious temperament. Later on, I rather liked the “silver blue” models. But, soon as I win the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, I’ll likely be getting a somber/classic “Midnight Blue” sedan–and a delicious chauffeur to drive me around in it. Yep–that really was the short version of the tale. God bless you Big, Sunshine–love, sis Caddo

3. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin says:

Hate to say it Sunshine…but, white does nothing for me…I prefer neutrals…not to far behind white…but, a light gold with flecks of sparkle???…silver with flecks of sparkle will do…No black…shows dirt so bad…and like you say…every dent…So …that’s my choice..I’ll have to check later to see what that means about my personality….fun post!~mkg

4. Kana Tyler says:

The last couple decades I’ve been driving around the high desert of Idaho’s Treasure Valley in a color I describe as “Treasure-Valley-Dust.” Really cuts down on the needed number of car washes when the car in question is precisely dust-colored! 😉 I’m excited to say, though, that my parents have just gifted us with their old minivan, so we’re about to adjust to W-H-I-T-E! 🙂

5. island traveler says:

White is the color of pureness, of cleanliness, of light and orderliness. And you are all these. I agree with Coco, wear a color that is “you.” I have a grey car. If it’s me, I would choose blue, red or green. oh, I like yellow too. But fate has a way to make its point. My last two cars were grey for reasons beyond my control. I learned to love them both though. I consider them lucky cars cause know on wood, I never had an accident although there were moments when I was close to one. Someone watches over me up there. Great post. Have a beautiful weekend.

Aww, thanks, Island T. and by the way, gray color cars–according to the article– show that you tend to be cool, elegant and
      love the futuristic look. Does that describe you? *laughing*
      Goodness generates good energy and it shows up in your writing and photos…
      Abundant blessings to your guardian angel for a job well done!

(You made my weekend great, thanks!)

Well, Angelswhisper, you have a beautiful thing going on with your ‘blue’ car…

Dark Blue: Credible, confident, dependable.
      Light or Middle Blue: Cool, calm, faithful, quiet.

It looks great on yOu! 🙂

6. ansuyo says:

We always drive older cars, and my husband usually finds them, so I think my color cars says more about him than me. If I had my pick, though, I would drive a purple or royal blue car. Fun. Angie. 🙂

Older cars are the best in my books, Angie and I am sure your hubby picks a good color in cars…nothing too way out there…lol! I think a purple car would be nice on the road…:) Thanks for sharing.