Of Dreams and Freedom:

Weekly Image Of Life: Of Dreams And Freedom

In striving to carry out our dreams, it is only a part of the success towards living an enriched and charming life. I am thinking, one must have a sense of personal freedom to imagine all of our dreams blossoming into reality and the freedom to passionately run after each of them; otherwise, these dreams could amount to just a rough sketch of an unfulfilled life…just another ugly list of broken and unfinished dreams.

An ugly unfulfilled life. Yay. You know, I have a few of those broken dreams. Yeah, I always dreamed of having the perfect . . . and we would . . .  together as a . . .  and . . .

What? You too? Well, misery loves company, as they the old saying goes . . .

So, let us talk about personal freedom. Is it something we create and control by the outlook we take in life, or is personal freedom also affected by outside forces that gives us little control on how much freedom we can receive?

I wonder about this from time to time, for you see, I have a friend who tends to dwell in doom and gloom or what I have tagged as, Eeyore-ism–the gloomy attitude found in the donkey, Eeyore, from the Winnie-the-Pooh books. Now, Lindsey does not mean harm to anyone, and I do not think she realizes how she comes across, but I believe it does limit her personal freedom to see all her dreams come true.

Okay, onetime Lindsey actually told me, “Why bother making a list of dreams, they will probably never come true and I hate disappointments.” (Folks, this statement is an example of an Eeyore-ism!)

freedom, dreams, weekly image of life, bouquet, flowers, love, life

Someone once wrote, I told Lindsey, “A life without dreams is like a garden without flowers.”  Having a garden full of flowers brings delight to the senses of all viewers and gives the gardener a sense of accomplishment. When I see a garden full of flower blossoms, it makes me happy. When I see my dreams slowly becoming reality, it feels like my world becomes filled with millions of  bouquets of aromatic and colorful flowers!

When we enjoy a set of dreams to manage and we rid ourselves of negative thoughts that hinder our personal freedom, then the possibility to live an enriched and charming life is imaginable. You think??

How do you strive towards an enriched and charming life?

*************

For you who are not familiar with Island Traveler and his blog site: This Man’s Journey, I recommend you take a quick hop over to his place if you want to see heavenly love in action.  If you need weekly theme inspirations, I highly recommend his Weekly Image of Life series. This post is made– with love– especially for this week’s:

Weekly Image Of Life: Of Dreams And Freedom.

**************

20 thoughts on “Of Dreams and Freedom:

Let’s boycott Negativity–a real life bummer anyway…can you take the big N and throw it out into the ocean, MJ?
      Thanks, it would be a real help! 🙂

1. island traveler says:

Now that is one “spectacular” post! I do have friends like Lindsey. They see the world as mostly “bad, negative, unhappy, hopeless.” I feel sad in a way for them. I would listen and try to brighten things up but in the end, how we perceive life and everything around us is all up to every “individual.” Happiness is from within. We can be the richest , most famous person in the world and feel “empty.” I would like to embrace your train of thoughts and I hope everyone who reads them would do the same. ” When I see my dreams slowly becoming reality, it feels like my world becomes filled with millions of bouquets of aromatic and colorful flowers!” If our world is filled with thoughts and visions like these, wouldn’t it be totally amazing? My challenge for all of us is to try to paint each day with millions of sweet smelling, bright, joyful and positive thoughts…like the aromatic bouquets of flowers. Thank you for sharing a very inspiring post…down to the last word! Best wishes to you my friend…

Hi Island T.! We can try to help others see the bright side of life, but as you say, happiness is from within. Spending too much time with ‘feeling low’ types can drain a lot of energy from you so either one has to take lots of naps or keep visits to a minimum.
      This was a challenging theme for me and I almost thought to skip this one out…almost like skipping school or work, hehe, but ya can’t grow to be better if ya keep skipping out on the hard stuff.
      Thanks, my friend for the workout. 🙂

2. Sandra C. says:

thank you sunshine to reconnect us with ours dreams!!! to me dream is just an inspiration of the futur…so we need to dream for creating the futur:) let’s dream….like we can say let’s dance! life is a dance ….we need to be in the rythm, and the flow of life, to be free to live our dreams !!!!!with love sandra

Hal Borland wrote, “When the legends die, the dream ends–when the dream ends, there is no more greatness”. Sounds to me that he’s saying there is greatness in the dream–whether or not it comes to true fruition. But it could be my new improved, redeemed, outlook: Gratitude–I thank God for what I have, and sure-’nuff, He adds more to it. I’m guessing that caged birds dream of flying free–the one with a great imagination sleeps happy every night, as he’s be flying all day long in his mind. God bless you, Sunshine! love, sis Caddo

4. fiztrainer says:

I’m new to your blog and I must say, I love it. I look forward to following your posts. This one was particularly good. For me, striving towards an enriched and charming life means letting the little things that try to trip us up GO! As I get older, I find my back becoming more like a duck’s … I refuse to allow my inner self to get all tangled up with pettiness and annoyances. I made a decision a long time ago that I want to be happy and to be happy, I have to BE happy. 😀

Thank you for sharing your key to happiness, Fiztrainer…it is all about letting go, living with the intention to be HAPPY now and just chillin’.
      I am happy you brought your message, thank you! 🙂

Ha, no, most of my family and close friends don’t know my secret blog life…hehe. It’s good that way so no one gets bent out of shape if they
      read something and take it the wrong way.
      Thank you for sharing. 😉

5. Mimi says:

You had me at Eeyore (yes, really). I am a huge fan of Winnie the Pooh, and have actually just recently referenced a couple of the characters (Eeyore and Tigger) in one of my entries. How ironic.

At any rate, your blog is really lovely, and I’m enjoying reading through it. It’s always good to stumble across another person who can appreciate the 100 Acre Woods and knows where The Thotful Spot is. =)

Thank you, Mimi for your visit and kind words of encouragement.
      My sympathy to the loss of your Gram…may the Divine One give you peace and bless you during this difficult time.
      –Power to your blog, too! 🙂