Five Charming Minutes on Greeting Cards…

Story: On Greeting Cards…greeting cards,5 minute Friday,story,life,writing,photograph,home,reflection, charming

GO…

Greeting cards did not really exist in my family as a traditional way of expressing our emotions to one another. I may have received a few birthday cards and maybe a high school graduation card…if so, this memory is lost somewhere in the land of lost memories. (Wow, my lost memory field is gigantic!)

Maybe that is why I have a hard time buying expensive greeting cards…they seem so trivial and a waste of $ because I think it will end in the trash anyway. I am trying to get over this because as I look around, I notice, the few cards I have received recently have actually been inspirational and I am treasuring them. I keep them near my phone as a reminder of the good folks who have come into my life.

I love these cards because I realize that the giver spent some time–even if for a few minutes–looking over various cards, searching and searching for just the right words that express what they feel about you at that moment. It is their way of sharing kind words…the start or maybe the continuing of a life story…our story…together.

Greeting cards are a charming way to bring appreciation and a lasting memory into someone’s life…shares your story of gratitude with folks who bring light into your world…start with a simple greeting card.
…STOP.

*Another 5-minute Friday with: Lisa-Jo Baker – tales from a Gypsy Mama.

12 thoughts on “Five Charming Minutes on Greeting Cards…

1. transitionalwoman1 says:

Greeting cards are also a great way to keep in touch with people you don’t often see. Sure we can text or email, but isn’t is fun to get something nice in the mail?
    I cringe when I think of spending $5 on a card, so, I just handle that be scouring the shelves for inexpensive cards.

I agree with you transitional woman1, it is very nice getting little greeting card gifts–it just brightens ones day! The ‘budget’ cards are getting to be just as nice as the pricier cards…yay!
      Thank you for sharing and visiting. 🙂

2. Sherry Legan says:

Oh a great post. And so true. I am ambivelent about them as well. I just threw a bunch away when we downsized. But there were some I couldn’t part with. You’ve given me a great topic for conversation. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think it is great you’ve decided to keep a few. Have a Blessed Day and thanks for visiting me.

It was a pleasure, Sherry. I need to do some downsizing…not today, arrgh, awful task…now you have given me something I need to plan for. 😉
      Thanks for sharing and have a great week coming up. 🙂

I’m a BIG fan of greeting cards, Sunshine–used to spend a true fortune on them, when I had money to burn. And I really wanted to write for Hallmark, when I was younger. Some people make their own to save money, and that is a beautiful thing too. The e-cards are gaining popularity–but there’s something about being able to hold the card in your hand, or put by your phone, or wherever–just to keep looking at, reading! Wishing you a fab weekend, my dear–God bless you! love, sis Caddo

Oh, sis, you would be a great writer for Hallmark…maybe you can start your own card adventure with your work of creative poetry…just a bit of thinking–out loud.
      I love to shop for cards now…it is, like you wrote, ‘something about being able to hold the card in your hand‘ that is special and it makes the person feel so special. 🙂
      I’m having a fab weekend so far…thanks sis!
      You are a blessing–thanks!

4. Sheila says:

That is true that it takes time to find that perfect card! There are a lot of funny ones these days too with crazy pictures of dogs or cats – they’re always fun to make people laugh. Nice thoughts of appreciation and love.

All those funny greeting cards and now with the musical ones, Sheila, has got me thinking…timer…I need to shop for cards with a timer! I mean, seriously, one can spend way too long standing in the card aisle causing a major scene with uncontrollable laughter and ‘rockin’ to all the musical cards! *sigh*
      I appreciate your visit and kind words…have a great week! 🙂

5. eof737 says:

Greeting cards are wonderful but they can be pricey…You can make your own or buy the recycled cards which are reasonable in price.

I hope it never gets too expensive you have to take a small loan to buy a nice greeting card! Those musical ones are nice but, WOW, so is the price! I’ve seen some lovely recycled and handmade cards at craft shows…now, they are worth the $, being lovingly made, and all.
      Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth. 🙂

I’m learning to appreciate these little beauties, too, Angelswhisper. It’s nice to take some time and pick something special for your friends and family. Thanks for sharing and have a lovely Sunday. 🙂