ice cream, Chuckles--farm dog, dog days, summer, heat, event, July 3

Breathless Summer Dog Day(s)

Dang. I’m a fat, furry dog and it is sure hot outside. What can I say when summer days go to the dogs…what can I really say that could make you change hot days to cold days?

Nothing. That is right, nothing. However, people, (especially my owner, *sigh*) constantly nag remind me:

“Chuckles, be simply charming. Spend some time telling folks all the trivial information about whatever is ailing you and you will feel just fine. ”

Oh, yea, right…fine and dandy. What is ailing me today is the next 40 long days from July 3 to August 11, and in the Northern Hemisphere we experience the “hottest, most sultry days of summer,” called the dog days. You Southern Hemisphere people experience it usually around January and February.

I do not understand what my bro, Sirius, the Dog Star, was thinking trying to be ‘all that’ and pushing his way up as close to the sun as possible just so he can be, what, the brightest star in the night sky.

I mean, come on dude…who cares if you are the brightest star at night. You just caused forty days of intense heat to happen here on planet earth and now I look a bit sunburned.

See?

animal friend, Chuckles--farm dog, dog days, summer, event, writing, Sirius

LOOK…my white fur…wah, looks sunburned!!

Moreover, Sirius, you really should take an anger management course to control those rages of yours. Shame on you having the Romans sacrifice our brown colored dog bros to pacify your rages. Simply shameful, Sirius.

Enough wasted time talking about my bro, Sirius, and all the havoc we are going through because of him. In Brady’s clavis clanedanius, (big thing full of words) dog days was a time when “…the Sea boiled, the Wine turned sour, Dogs grew mad (not me, of course), and all other Creatures became languid; causing to man, among other diseases, burning fever, hysterics and phrensis.”

Okay, okay…hold my paw…let us hum to center ourselves and put some positive energy back into the universe…OM, om, om…

I tell you, these next 40 days will be the dog days for you and me:

“There is no thunder, no relieving rain. These are strange and breathless days, the dog days, when people (and dogs) are led to do things they are sure to be sorry for after. ~ Natalie Babbitt Tuck, Everlasting

Okay reader, please, come back anytime if you need to hold paws  . . . we can re-center our solar plexus.
In the meantime, I will be eating as much ice cream I can find and study my grammar usage on dog days.

How do you find relief during the summer dog days?

ice cream, Chuckles--farm dog, dog days, summer, heat, event, July 3

omn…nom…lick…nom…lick-lick…

Woof-love,

Chuckles, aka, farm dog blogger.

20 thoughts on “Breathless Summer Dog Day(s)

Ahhh, Sunshine–I love the pink dog! (The photo, not that he’s in misery.) Well, I’m praying we won’t have dog days here–it’s bad enough that it gets so muggy, so it feels hot, though it isn’t. Fans cranked up to the max, cool showers, plenty of ice for my diet Pepsi–and thinking “simply charming” thoughts of thanksgiving and love. That’s how I find relief. Have a great Fourth, dear heart–God bless you–love, sis Caddo

Thank you sis, and yea, nothing like standing still and sweat just pours forth from who knows where…oh, Happy 4th to you too!! Yay! A holiday!! Light, peace and love to you 🙂

2. angelswhisper2011 says:

I don’t know, Chuckles, we didn’t get any sign of summer yet. The weather in Holland is muggy, no sun, and lots of rain and it’s getting really depressed now. I think the best relief over here is staying in bed or closing your eyes and dream about summer 🙂

Oh, don’t worry Angelswhisper…sleeping and dreaming sounds like very excellent activities to actively participate in. I do it all the time but I dream about food and chasing female dogs, erm, I mean, rabbits, skunks and other pesky varmits. 🙂
      Today I have to deal with noisy firecrackers…bleh, so see you later.
      Woof-love, Chuckles aka farm-blogger doggy. 🙂

3. imexcited says:

Chuckles, you’re simply the best farm-blogger doggy ever! Sorry you have to endure the summer heat but I’m sure you can manage, you will be fine because you have a caring and loving boss 🙂

I’m Excited, dog days are difficult but I get to come inside the garage during the hot days when temperatures rise above 100 degrees plus, I get lots of ice cream and ice water to drink…oh, and a big fan!
      Thank you for coming by and talking with me…it’s nice when company comes by.
      🙂 Woof,
      Chuckles

4. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin says:

Say Chuckles…Ask your sweet owner to give you a hair cut…just for the next 40 days…It will keep you cooler and your fur will always grow back…Maybe a child’s swimming pool to lie in and dream doggy dreams…Ice cubes in your water is so good too…Go on now…ask in your sweetest bark…Later…~mkg

Hi MKG! I did as you said, in my sweetest bark and well, I got my toenails clipped and my fur brushed out with this really fab brush that takes out all my excess fur–it can fill a whole wheelbarrow!–and the burs, leaves and bugs that collect in my fur. I feel so much better not to mention look better. I overheard some talk about maybe getting a kiddie pool for me to ‘chill’ but so far, nothing. I’ll keep you posted…in the meantime, have a tall glass of whatever you are drinking for me…thanks, and thanks for the tip. Going now to sweat…thanks. 🙂

Ansuyo, this is Chuckles, and I wish I could go inside the house where I know the temperature is nice and cool…sigh…
      they shove me outside into the garage because they say I smell. Is that my fault? No, my peoples should just wash me more often, really!?!
      Thanks for stopping in and chatting with me…I always love that.
      See ya,
      Chuckles aka blog dog.

5. Clowie says:

Hi Chuckles! Thank you for visiting me. I’ve now called to see you.
    I take a very early walk at this time of the year and then I just laze about for most of the day. I take another stroll in the evening, if it cools down enough to be pleasant. I have ice in my water. I love splashing in streams, as often as possible.

Hey, Clowie,
      So nice to see you…sorry, I have been lazing my fat body during this heat wave we are having. I would love to have a stream to splash around in…you are lucky
      to have one. You see, I just wait for someone to fill my water container up and then, I stick my big paw in it and spill it all over the place and ta-da…my own
      water stream! As soon as I feel less heat on my face, I’ll come see ya…thanks for coming over and talking with me.
      Time for a nap.
      Chuckles aka blog/farm dog.