(only a day late!) SUNDAY POST : Village

Sunday, Bogota, Sunday Post, Village church, goodness, village

Sunday Afternoon in Bogotá ~Photo credit: Wikipedia~

Few things are more pleasant than a village graced with a good church,

a good priest, and a good pub.

~John Hillaby

Having a good church, priest and pub is a good way to start a village…I am adding:

schools

library

Rana Armoush is adding:

a small hospital

family style “we got your back” attitude among the villagers

Philosopher Mouse of the Hedge is adding:

parks with wild areas and playgrounds–yay!

BabyJill aka Marilyn is adding:

good earth to grow fresh fruits and vegetables–yum!

Angelswhisper is adding:

soccer pitch

skating ring

cycle path

ice cream vendor

lots of animals

herbalist

lots of sunshine–yay!

**I think we should pick Angelswhisper as the town mayor…any objections?**

Caddo Veil is adding:

a big lovely fountain–AND…Caddo is the poetry night host, held every week right here under the stars and the multi-colored water fountain lights!

Restless Jo is adding:

a book shop!!

What would you add to complete a village?

SUNDAY POST : Village.

22 thoughts on “(only a day late!) SUNDAY POST : Village

1. Rana Armoush says:

For me a typical village is the something similar to the village I come from, where most people are peasants and farmers, where people feel so safe that they still sleep with their doors open!! Where kids gather and play safely with out any worries. If I had to add something to your village I’d add a small hospital, I think it’s a must!!!
    Lovely post!

How ’bout a great big lovely fountain in the center of the village, Sunshine? That’s what I’d like!! God bless you–love, sis Caddo

I love it, sis! And maybe it can have those colored lights so at night we villagers can enjoy a lovely stroll by the bubbling fountain. 🙂
      Wait…you could be the host for the village share a poetry night. Ya up to it? 😉
      Big blessings and love to you too, sis 🙂

• Caddo Veil says:

Oh YES, colored lights too–that’s a wonderful idea, Sunshine!!! You know, I just “might could” do the hosting job–thanks! Just let me know when! Much love to you–sis Caddo

sis, i just got this message from my spam box…just so you know…you would be a great host for the poetry night event at our village! yAy!!

• Caddo Veil says:

I don’t know what to say about that dang spam, Sis–all I know is that it’s beyond our control, kind of like the old “Outer Limits” TV show: “do not attempt to adjust your TV…”–remember that? Or are you too young?

Not to worry sis, I check my spam box often now just in case you fall down in there…it was going good for awhile. I think it maybe your magnetic armor you must have around your blog site. Lol! Um, not familiar with Outer Limits…but then again, we didn’t watch much TV growing up. Ignorance is bliss, hehe 🙂
        Okay, gotta run…see ya!