Oh, Dear fresh Water, You are too easy on me…

Dear fresh Water, you come too easy in my life.

fresh water, Sunday Post, faucet, home, photograph,creative writing

Do you not see how I take you, dear fresh Water, for granted simply because you are readily available when I need or want it. In my house, for example, you flow out 24/7, clean and fresh from any faucet.

If I need you ready-to-go,all you do is whisper for me to take a quick run over to Wal-Mart and pick up a few convenient bottled water cases.

Oh, fresh Water! I never have to think about you if I don’t want to. Therefore, you see how easy you make it for me to take you for granted?

Since SUNDAY POST is featuring: Water H2O « Jakesprinter Sunday Post,  I want to stop taking you for granted.

The first step in my life-changing attitude is to write a few ideas on ways to appreciate you, my precious gift of fresh Water.

Blessings

I will now make it a habit to say a blessing before and after I have a drink of your thirst quenching qualities. This sounds simple enough and I hope it  helps set the foundation to be constantly aware of you. I’m going to try it and will let you know how it goes, dear fresh Water

Bottled Water

How many times have I seen opened containers of you bottled up  and only a small portion of you consumed?  Many times people just toss you into the trash but a church friend collects all the unwanted water bottles after social events and uses it to hydrate her flowerbeds. Now that’s a great idea!

This friend also suggested instead of buying ready-made bottles of yourself, I should install a in-house water filtration system, bottle you as my own filtered water, and fill only what I need.

Little Ways to Save Water

Here is a few more water saving ideas from the Internet:

• Install low flow toilets and faucet heads in your home and fix any water leaks.

(Oh, handyperson? Where are you??  I can see this will take a while to work on…)

• Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth. (Easy, can do!)

“This year my wife suggested we also turn off our water, and collect all our drinking, washing, bathing and flushing water by bucket from a friend’s house 3 km away.”

(Turning you off, my precious fresh Water. seems too  difficult at this point…I really need to work myself up to this one!)

Meditation

As I was reading on ways to appreciate you, fresh Water, I found this quote on anger and water. It has nothing in common with what I have written about except that it’s about you, fresh Water!!

(Okay, go ahead, throw the tomatoes at me . . . it’s either share it with you or read it to my house cat and you know, cats can care less about you, fresh Water, unless it’s for their drinking pleasure!)

Anger is like flowing water; there’s nothing wrong with it as long as you let it flow.

Hate is like stagnant water; anger that you denied yourself the freedom to feel, the freedom to flow; water that you gathered in one place and left to forget.

hate, stagnant pool, dirty water, nature, sunday post, water

–Stagnant water becomes dirty, stinky, disease-ridden, poisonous, and deadly;
that is your hate.

On flowing water travels little paper boats; paper boats of forgiveness.

Allow yourself to feel anger, allow your waters to flow, along with all the paper boats of forgiveness. ~C.Joy Bell

This is the start of my new appreciation of you, fresh Water and I want to thank you for every thirst you quenched, every shower that kept me clean and all the fun you offer every summer down at the lake.

You are simply wonderful, fresh Water!!

What are your ideas on how to appreciate the gift of fresh water?

24 thoughts on “Oh, Dear fresh Water, You are too easy on me…

1. mj monaghan says:

We definitely take water for granted in many parts of the US. I’ve come to appreciate really good water since moving to southern California. The water here is very over-processed and pretty harsh to the skin and not very good for drinking. Not that I don’t appreciate having water. I truly do. I take quick showers, fix all leaks promptly, and never buy bottled water for the reason you mentioned, as well as the waste of plastic many times over.

Good post, my friend.

2. island traveler says:

A refreshing, real, joyful celebration of water into our lives. Water is something we can’t do without. It quenches our thirst and gives opportunity for fun . Beautfiul post. Thanks.

Thank you Island traveler and you are right…we need fresh water in order to survive. You have wonderful images of water over at your place…always an inspiration!
      May your week be as refreshing as a cool glass of water! Peace! 🙂

3. angelswhisper2011 says:

I try to be always alert how many water I use and remind myself every time of not wasting any water. I have also a hourglass in the shower and I feel very rich when I see poor countries having no water at all. That’s a beautiful quote of C. Joy Bell 🙂

Hey Angelswhisper,
      I like your hourglass timer for the shower…hmm, I think it’s something I will go out and get since I tend to forget myself in the shower. Great idea!
      I appreciate your share for today, Thank YOU! 🙂

4. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin says:

I too appreciate the gift of good fresh water…Having grown up in a rural area…we had water hauled in on a truck emptied into a cistern…I recently wrote a blog about just that…on May 7, 2012 entitled “Cistern”…Great reminder! ~mkg

Oh, Marilyn, I can’t imagine having water hauled in like that! It must have been an event every time the water truck came by–speaking from a kid’s perspective–like waiting anxiously for the garbage truck to come by so you can see the trash cans being emptied. Omg! Thank goodness for modern inventions eh?
      Hey, thanks for sharing and I’ll have to come by and read up on your Cistern post…see ya!
      Have a great week, okay? 🙂

A sad fact Cardinal and all the more for me not to take fresh water for granted…I’m ever so grateful and thank you also for sharing in the conversation.
      Have a great week! 🙂

• Cardinal Guzman says:

A good way to save water is to turn the water off when you take a shower. First you get wet, then turn off the water while shampooing/soaping in, then rinse it off with water.

When it comes to bottled water like you mention in the post: I never throw it away, it goes to the plants if I’m not drinking it. My plants really know how to appreciate water! 😀

Haha, I love your last sentence, Cardinal…’My plants really know how to appreciate water!’ They sure do and some even produce magnificent flowers to show their appreciation! I love it!!
        About showers, yes, I bet we use tons of water while we are waiting to lather off. It’s okay when the room temperature is nice but sometimes, during the winter, being so spoiled and all, I fail to turn off the water while lathering…BUT, now that your mentioned it, it’s a good habit to routinely do regardless of the room temperature. *sigh*
        Thanks for all the water saving tips and happy Tuesday! 🙂

Could I just comment on the little paper boats of forgiveness–I SO LOVE that imagery, Perfect!! God bless you today, you “drink of fresh water” and Sunshine! love, sis Caddo

Didn’t the imagery of forgiveness in the form of little paper boats just fascinate you, Caddo? I so loved the entire quote that I had to figure a way to put it in the post…lol! I’m blessing the fresh water and being ever so grateful for every drop. Thanks sis and see ya! 🙂

I agree Elizabeth and experiencing first hand is always the best teacher. Self imposed exercises for me has helped get force me to appreciate things that flow too easy in my life.
      Thank you for sharing. 🙂