Going Random on Friendships

I first want to tell you, this Weekly Photo Friendship Challenge has me reeling out-of-control! Do I want to write about boy-girl platonic friendships? Maybe share a haiku poem . . .

Platonic friendship
A lifetime shared between them
Mind and soul are One

platonic love, friendship, weekly photo challenge, heart, soul, oneness, spirit

“Perhaps more than any other relationship, friendships between men and women are alive with ambiguity, contradiction, energy, paradox.”  ~Celia Allison Hahn

It is a photo challenge after all so, no, I change my mind.

How about animal friendships like an unlikely pair, the cat and dog.

animal friends,platonic love, friendship, weekly photo challenge, heart, soul, oneness, spirit

Oh, and what about childhood friendships?  Thanks to the fabulous Facebook and other social media, we can now have friends from the turn of the century tumbling back into our lives and as you stare at the profile pictures, you can mumble under your breath, erm, exactly who were you way back when and how are we connected??

Facebook user:  “What?? You say we went to prom together?
Oh, hehe, I see. You look so . . . uh, different great I almost didn’t recognize you!!”

The worse type of friendships gone bad, of course, are NOT the ones where we fail to identify our friends after so many years of separation, but the ones that end in deep heartache despite how hard you try to keep the pain down to a bare minimum.

broken friendship, divorce, weekly photo challenge, heart, soul

“If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then QUIT. There’s no point in being a damn fool about it.” ~W.C. Fields

Divorce is never easy–on anyone and especially on wounded hearts– but with a little reflection, and lots of quality time, some friendships can be restored and if not, the least we can do is send a wish for the other person to have all the best and for ourselves, move on to bigger and better things– like writing rambling thoughts about various forms of friendships on your blog page!

So, what about you? You got some random thought(s) on friendships floating around waiting to be heard?

Weekly Photo Challenge: Friendship | The Daily Post at WordPress.com.

32 thoughts on “Going Random on Friendships

1. island traveler says:

This is one beautiful post about platonic friendship. It is a real and possible relationship. I did have one in college and thought there was a time when it got confusing, it became one of my great friendship stories. Till today, we’re friends and so are our kids. Thanks for sharing .

I love platonic friendships . . . life is filled with so much ‘stuff’ and gosh, it’s nice to share them with friends on an innocent level. I guess it reminds me of childhood days when we simply played our hearts out!

How cool is that about you and your college friend and now your kids are friends! I love it!! 🙂
      Thanks Island traveler!

I love, love, LOVE your haiku poem, Sunshine–it’s better than great and wonderful! Here’s to blog-friendships–may they last longer than cyberspace! God bless you Big–love, sis Caddo

3. angelswhisper2011 says:

I have a friendship since 40 years, I was 13 when we met and we’re more like sisters than friends. Nowadays it looks like we’re going into different directions, one grows on and the other stands still, but I’m sure we’ll always find the way back to each other.
    I like the picture of Chuckles and the cat, that’s friendship! Have a great sunday 🙂

Oh, Chuckles does his best to be patient and kind with his play pals the cats…I’m thinking he thinks himself a cat on many occasions. Lol!
      Isn’t it amazing to know someone for so long and sometimes we take different paths and lose contact but somehow, if we desire to be reunited, the connection is restored somehow. The power of the Universe…at work! 🙂

4. Pingback: craftcrazygran

Retiring Sort, I love when that happens…a new opportunity when all seems hopeless.
      I appreciate your visit and thank you!! 🙂
      Have a blessed week!

5. snitch21 says:

I love the second pic 🙂 it reminds me of my best friend! our tastes couldn’t be any more different but somehow, we make a great duo!